Graphic Designer Carey Jones Chapman TolcherLondon, England, GB
We are looking for a junior graphic designer/recent graduate to join Carey Jones Chapman Tolcher’s vibrant London multidisciplinary design studio to maintain and enhance the studio’s visual image through the development of professionally produced, high quality publications, bids and graphics.
At Carey Jones Chapman Tolcher we focus on design-led, original and efficient masterplans, buildings and interior designs from project inception to delivery. Working alongside our architecture and interior design teams, we foster an open, direct and collaborative work culture that inspires great work for us and our clients.
Responsibilities and skills
These will include, but are not limited to:
- design and preparation of brochures, public relations and promotional material, graphic bid documents and event collateral
- creating online media news articles and graphics for regular updates on the company’s website and social media accounts
- working with architectural photographers in the preparation of new project photography and maintaining in-house image database
- updating and maintaining the in-house project database and associated sector brochures, including written descriptions of projects
- producing graphics and diagrams to support the architectural and interiors design process
The successful applicant will need to be creative and proficient in producing well-designed bid and marketing material or demonstrate the skills and talents to learn quickly. You will primarily operate within corporate guidelines and work directly with the studio’s directors. The role will be varied and have a scope outside design work with the opportunity to be part of the bid and marketing authoring process.
The individual will show commitment and professional drive, take key directions and work at pace, be able to work under their own steam, self-check, using their initiative as part of the design-oriented team at CJCT.
Excellent communications skills are essential, as is an awareness of trends in design and architecture and interest in the built environment.
- design qualifications: HND, BA, MA or similar
- creative and positive approach
- excellent communication skills – both verbally and written
- proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- experience in managing on-line media accounts through WordPress, LinkedIn or Instagram
- skilled in art working and layouts with a good attention to detail
- ability to design bespoke bid and marketing material whilst working within the company brand guidelines
- ability to work in a deadline driven environment
- must be eligible to work in the UK
- we are looking for candidates who have enthusiasm for the role and can demonstrate a creative approach
- the successful candidate will need to have good communication skills and have the ability to work in a busy environment as a member of a team
- they will need to be willing to develop new skills beyond their core knowledge and have the ability to meet deadlines
- they thrive in an honest and open environment, have a sense of pride in their work and focus on solutions
Salary is determined by experience and qualifications.
Please submit a cover letter, CV and examples of your work;
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applicants, we are unable to respond to every candidate.
Strictly no agencies.