Graphic Designer Charmed AromaToronto, Ontario, CA
Charmed Aroma is an E-commerce company which sells candles and bath bombs with a jewelry worth between $10 to $5,000 in every candle. Check out our site at www.charmedaroma.com
In 3 years we have become the top 40 most liked Facebook Pages by women in Canada (780k likes and growing!), 130k fans on Instagram, and reached over 20M people!
About the role
We are looking for a gifted creative who is passionate about designing beautiful things from email newsletters to product and package design (candles, bath bombs, and other health and beauty products). You're the kind of person who is constantly coming up with ideas or innovations and need to share them with the world. You are also exceptionally talented in design and have a strong sense for the details. You can't stop yourself from buying products for the packaging and take delight to looking through catalogs.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for designing Facebook ads, email newsletters, landing pages, website layout
- Create designs (packaging and product) that support product line plans
- Prepare files for production, including color/size specifications and final mechanical creation
- Product research and design for future products (ad-hoc/project based): Works with art director on putting together conceptual product designs, product packaging, and brainstorm designs for future products.
- Keep up to trends in the health and beauty industry - this means you are constantly smelling candles, testing bath bombs, and all other fun stuff from our competitors
- Work with photographers to design product photos, newsletter photos, landing page photos (prepare sketches of photos)
- Create new promotions and advertising
- Research and develop collection’s trends, themes, concepts and styling.
- Gather market data on key fashion trends considering such elements as fabrication, materials, color schemes and designs
- Collaborate with Marketing and Product Development on launch programs to ensure aesthetics, functionality, budget and timing objectives are met.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions of new product ideas.
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Science degree in Graphic Design
- 3+ years professional experience in design
- Solid Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign knowledge required
- Neat hand skills with the ability to build product & packaging comps
- Web design, DreamWeaver & Flash experience a plus Gift/Home Product design experience preferred.
- Experience within the fragrance, beauty, home, or luxury industry preferred.
- A great shopper! You must be constantly looking at other retail companies for inspiration
- We are fast paced start up, looking to work with mostly A+ players in a tight deadline work environment
- Located at Queen St W and Spadina Ave in Toronto
Please make sure there is a link to your portfolio in your resume