Graphic Designer CirconusFulton, New York, US
[ Senior Graphic Designer ]
As our Senior Graphic Designer you will both design and implement engaging content pages, images, web banners, and other assets for our marketing sites and enterprise SaaS application.
Your responsibilities will largely revolve around user interface design, typography, iconography, information layout, color, space, and texture. You will additionally collaborate and coordinate with both our in-house marketing team and external contractors to ensure quality and consistency throughout our online presence.
The ideal candidate will have an eye for clean and artful web design, superior user interface design skills and a portfolio that proves it.
Note: We are looking for someone who can conceive, design and implement without contributions from other team members. Please do not apply if you cannot code up your own designs - this is a hard requirement for this position.
- Work in the home office in Fulton, Maryland or remotely (US only)
- Execute all visual design stages from concept through implementation
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, and process flows to communicate interaction and design ideas
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Collaborate with marketing team to build and maintain marketing portals for our flagship products Circonus and IRONdb
- Collaborate with product team to define and implement product look and feel
- Work as part of a cross-functional team including engineers, designers and copywriters to create a consistent, integrated brand perception and positive user-experience
- Continuously improve designs and align them with industry standards
- Establish and promote design guidelines and best practices
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university, with a design focus
- 7-10 years web design experience, preferably in a SaaS environment
- Significant experience designing for, managing and working with WordPress
- Engaging and managing creative contractors
- Experience generating assets for use by developers
- Understanding of the technical possibilities and limitations of app development
- Significant experience designing and implementing responsive web designs
- Prior experience working day-to-day with engineers, designers and copywriters
- Fluency with modern HTML and CSS
- Fluency with Illustrator or Photoshop
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience with PHP, as it relates to WordPress development
- Knowledge and experience with component based design, style guides, style tiles
- Experience working with project management software such as JIRA
- Knowledge and experience of online advertising (banners, email marketing, etc)
- Experience designing printed material for conferences/trade shows
Circonus is a software company that is changing the way the world monitors both IT infrastructure and the business it powers. Our SaaS and On-premise solutions enable companies to combine monitoring, alerting, event processing, and predictive analytics into a unified solution. Visualize any data, in any application, from any system, in real-time. Circonus scales from a single team to a worldwide organization that tracks thousands of devices analyzing millions of metrics. API driven automation empowers developers and makes operational teams incredibly efficient, while analytics drive insights that improve organization wide performance