Graphic Designer City of CockburnPerth, Western Australia, AU
Senior Graphic Designer
The City of Cockburn is dynamic and rapidly growing. It provides its employees with generous employment conditions and highly desirable lifestyle benefits including:
- 9-day Fortnight
- Generous superannuation (up to 14%)
- Professional development opportunities
- Additional 2 days of leave per year
- Free gym membership
- Great study assistance and professional development opportunities
- Wellness programs
- HBF Corporate Discount
Cockburn is one of the major coastal cities found in the state of Western Australia. With a current population of over 108,000, the City is dynamic, rapidly growing and an exciting place to be.
Situated just 22km south of the Perth CBD, Cockburn boasts an amazing coastline, beautiful beaches and parks, and is supported by a rich mix of community facilities and diverse employment opportunities.
The Senior Graphic Designer is responsible for ensuring a high quality brand image for the City that aligns with its corporate objectives.
This position oversees all corporate graphic design and production requirements for the City. You will be responsible for scoping out and managing projects relating to graphic design and branding, while supervising and mentoring the Graphic Designer. The Senior Graphic Designer will also be responsible for developing and implementing procedures and processes for an effective workflow. The position is challenging and varied, and covers print, digital and signage.
We require a highly organised person who can manage projects and people to achieve the best possible outcome. Strong communication skills are vital in this role as the person must liaise with key stakeholders throughout the organisation as well as external agencies. You must be highly motivated and show great initiative.
The role will work on a Mac, but operate in a PC environment, so familiarity with both platforms is required.
The successful applicant MUST possess the following;
- Tertiary qualification in Graphic Design and substantial experience in the industry.
- Experience of using Adobe Creative Suite including – InDesign, Illustrator, PowerPoint, Photoshop and Microsoft Word for performing graphic design tasks (print and digital) to the highest professional standards.
- Ability to manage projects and manage people to achieve the best possible outcome
- Ability to work on a MAC in a PC environment
- Excellent typographical skills
- Strong attention to details
- In-depth knowledge of brand and brand management.
Salary: $65,173-76,715 per annum, depending on qualifications and experience.
How to Apply: Please read the attached position description and selection criteria for a full understanding of the role before applying.Then click on the ‘Apply for Job’ button on the City’s webpage (www.cockburn.wa.gov.au/employment) and complete the online application.
Further information: Sophie Roe, Marketing and Communications Coordinator on 9411 3535
Close Date: Monday 12 March 2018 at 6pm