Graphic Designer EvergreenToronto, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: June 2nd, 2017
Overview: We are looking for a Lead Graphic Designer with experience in both print and digital to lead the development and implementation of the Evergreen brand. This individual is creative, has a passion for detail and composition, is highly motivated, and thrives in a fast paced environment.
The successful candidate will take the lead on many creative levels, including:
- Conceptualize and deliver great creative across our digital, print and social media channels that follow brand guidelines
- Design brochures, documents, posters, advertising, digital and social media assets, web graphics, signage, logo design, infographics, imagery, multimedia presentations and additional elements
- Web design including desktop and mobile
- Developing and maintaining brand guidelines, and ensuring appropriate application for all projects across Evergreen and Evergreen Brick Works
- Work with external suppliers to assist with the sourcing, costing and production of Evergreen’s materials.
- Prepare files for press and other channels according to requirements of projects
- Maintain Design files organized and up to date: Maintain Image Library Database working collaboratively with volunteers and teammates
Models Evergreen’s Core Values
- Analytical/Decision Making/Problem Solving skills. Draw insightful conclusions from information. Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of EG. Assess difficult situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks.
- Calm under pressure. Demonstrate composure in stressful situations.
- Communication. Speak, listen and write in a clear, confident, respectful, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Customer-focus. Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external customers/donors to meet or exceed their expectations and receives positive feedback from internal and external customers/donors.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency. Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Cope effectively with complexity and change.
- Proactivity/Enthusiasm/Persistence. Act without being told what to do. Passionate and excited over work. Can-do attitude. Tenacious and goes the distance to get something done.
- Creativity. Find interesting solutions to design challenges and stay aware of trends and key influences in market.
- Supervised by: Senior Project Manager, Communications
- Post-secondary education in Graphic Design or Visual Communication Design
- 2-4 years of applied graphic design or production experience
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite of graphic design tools, (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and PowerPoint, Word and Excel. Video software an asset.
- Knowledgeable about production processes to deliver materials to a final product in both print and digital channels
- Proven experience in web design
- Experience developing brand identities and ability to implement guidelines across all mediums
- Able to deliver efficiently and effectively to tight timelines
- Position is based out of Evergreen’s head office at Evergreen Brick Works in Toronto.
- Working hours (9-5, some flexibility required)
Terms of contract: Full time
To be considered, please send your resume, cover letter and salary expectations along with 3-5 portfolio pieces or online portfolio URL to humanresources(at)evergreen.ca
Please Reference “Lead Graphic Designer” in the subject line
by Mail to Attention: Human Resources
Centre for Green Cities, Suite 300 Evergreen Brick Works, 550 Bayview Avenue Toronto, Ontario M4W 3X8
Evergreen welcomes applications from persons of diverse backgrounds and is an equal opportunity employer.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Evergreens Accommodation policy. Applicants please make your needs known in advance.
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please