Graphic Designer Fair works OmbudsmanMelbourne, Victoria, AU
Who We Are
The Registered Organisations Commission (the Commission) is established by the Fair Work (Registered Organisations) Act 2009 (the Act), and is responsible for regulating the activities of federally-registered organisations, their branches and officers. The Commission is staffed by employees of the Fair Work Ombudsman who are provided to the Commission to assist the Registered Organisations Commissioner (the Commissioner) carry out the statutory powers and functions under the Act.
What We Do
The Commissioner is a statutory office holder responsible for providing education, assistance and advice, ensuring compliance and undertaking enforcement to promote the efficient management of registered organisations and the delivery of high standards of accountability to their members under the Act. The Commission’s operations are allocated into three streams comprising Education and Reporting, Financial Analysis and Compliance and Investigation.
You will be joining a busy, knowledgeable, effective, cohesive and focussed team with an excellent culture. It is passionate about the work that it does. The Commission provides a challenging and supportive work environment. You will support the strategic aims of the Commission and have the satisfaction of knowing you work for an agency which increases the financial transparency and accountability of registered organisations to their approximately 2 million members and the community through both education and regulation.
For more information about the Commission please visit www.roc.gov.au
Our Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Excellent design skills with knowledge of design principles, production processes, standards and quality control across a variety of mediums including print and online
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor the development of communications for different audiences
- Demonstrated ability to manage all tasks/projects to completion with high attention to detail including sound record-keeping skills and version control within tight timeframes
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and intermediate knowledge of MS Office applications (skills in Adobe Premiere Pro, Audition or similar are highly desirable)
The duties of the Graphic Design Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Contributing to the design and production of a variety of anticipated digital and print publications, including guidance notes, fact sheets, newsletters and templates
- Contributing to the redesign and enhancement of existing ROC materials to further improve the quality, value and extent of ROC messaging, especially in its education space, but also more generally
- Enhancing the appearance of ROC digital and print publications to achieve a consistent signature ROC image and livery
- Updating and managing the design of the Commission website
- Developing strategies to deliver a clear message to stakeholders
- Creating and monitoring the use of the Commission’s style guidelines and provide advice as and when required
- Assisting in the design and development of the Commission’s internal resources to achieve clearer communications and a distinctive ROC character
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders and suppliers to coordinate communications-related outcomes on behalf of the Commission, where required
How to Apply
If you are excited about the opportunity of working at the Commission, please tell us in no more than 800 words:
- Why you want to apply for this role
- How your skills and experience address the requirements of the role (with consideration of the selection criteria)
- In addition, please upload an appropriate example from your portfolio (graphic design work or video link) to demonstrate your suitability for the role.
All applications must be submitted via our online recruitment system through the FWO website.