Graphic Designer iP2Amsterdam, North Holland, NL
iP2 is looking for looking for an enthusiastic, highly creative, motivated, eager to learn and passionate Graphic Designer to join our team. You need to be comfortable working with tight deadlines, have outstanding eye for detail, resourceful, capable of managing multiple projects, highly organized, sometimes "wear many hats" and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. A firm understanding of design fundamentals is a must. In this role, you are responsible for producing graphic design for projects that include but not limited to packaging, style guide interpretation into soft and hard goods products, branding identity development, photography, and illustration.
You are also responsible for staying up-to-date with graphic design and industry trends, maintaining a positive attitude and always delivering top-notch creative. This is a full-time position. This position reports to the Merchandise Director.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 3-5 years graphic design experience in consumer products within an in-house creative or creative product design agency. Packaging, style guide translation into product design is a must, toy industry experience a plus.
- Highly proficient with MAC and Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Acrobat, (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Have a strong portfolio that showcase keen eye for design, especially in packaging and product design. Possess a good design eye, a broad thinker, and able to offer a variety of design solution.
- Excellent design, typography, composition, and layout skills
- Great communications skills, both written and verbal skills
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Creative, passionate, self-starter, and self-motivated
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Outstanding attention to details
- Able to take projects from start to finish with and without general supervision
- Must have ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to take direction, work under pressure, collaborate, and operate as part of a team
- Solid working knowledge of graphic production process
- Understand brand strategy objectives for each of our brand partners, and apply graphic design principles to the creation of appropriate product packaging and product design assets using sophisticated design software (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Acrobat). Prepare design files for both electronic and print use
- Responsible for all aspects of projects assigned (including concept development, packaging layout, logo design, typography, colour studies, mock ups, photo retouching, preparing files to printer/ vendor)
- Responsible for designing his/her own projects with high accuracy under the supervision of Merchandise Director
- Work closely with Merchandise Director to ensure creative directions are understood, projects are executed accurately, and all deadlines are met
- Utilize internal resources and time management skills to independently manage projects to meet deadlines for self.
- Portray confidence and knowledge when interacting with internal / external partners when presenting design solutions.
- Establish and uphold collaborative and mutually respectful relationships with product design, marketing, packaging production and licensing partners.
- Seek out new tools and technologies to improve efficiencies, cost, speed and quality.
- Work independently with external creative resources Including; Photographers (model and product), illustrators and design firms.
- Participate and contribute in brainstorm sessions and consistently apply on-trend design insight for graphic styling, fashion, lifestyle and competitive graphics.
We will only be accepting applications from people currently with an unrestricted right to work in the European Union and looking for a long-term commitment; no freelancers and consultants!
Interested? Please respond by sending us your covering letter, an up-to-date resume and a salary-indication in English by email to colin.lyon(at)ip2entertainment.com marked in the subject post with the job title ‘graphic designer’.