Graphic Designer It’s Nice ThatHaggerston, London, England, GB
It’s Nice That is looking to hire a freelance graphic designer for upcoming projects.
They are looking to build our network of graphic designers to support with upcoming projects. Please note this advert is not for a current existing role but to submit your portfolio and CV to be considered for upcoming projects, so we can contact you when work becomes available.
It’s Nice That have a number of exciting projects on over the coming months and we are building our network of freelance graphic designers that could work with us in house to deliver projects across our editorial platforms and commercial partnerships.
We are interested in people who are enthusiastic, well referenced and creatively minded – ideally you are already a regular reader of It’s Nice That and someone that is excited to work with us to shape our design language in the coming months.
- culturally astute and an exceptional awareness of the industry around them
- an understanding and awareness of the digital publishing world today
- experience of print design
- experience of designing identities for brands or projects
- an eye for detail and quality
- good knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
- establishing, managing and maintaining the aesthetic of It’s Nice That across our design output
- concepting, executing and delivering design work for print and web
- designing editorial layouts for print
- concepting and executing visual identities for brand projects and collaborations
- idea generation and design execution for article imagery
- compiling pitch documents for creative collaborations and projects
About It’s Nice That
It’s Nice That believes passionately that creative inspiration is for everyone and by championing the most exciting and engaging work online, in print and through our events programme, we want to open up this world to the widest possible audience.
Founded in 2007, It’s Nice That has grown across many platforms and has a reach of over half a million readers a month. These include the website which is updated daily, a bi-annual magazine Printed Pages and events including our monthly Nicer Tuesdays talks series.
As well as publishing inspirational work, we also harness this creative expertise to help brands communicate their messages through partnerships.
It’s Nice That work collaboratively across editorial, creative, project management and marketing teams and currently consists of total staff of 12 full time and two freelance.
The HudsonBec Group
It’s Nice That is part of The HudsonBec Group – a group of companies that exist to enable creativity to thrive. Founded by Will Hudson and Alex Bec the group provides a structure for a series of small, beautifully structured companies that share a purpose, values, a studio space and above all, a belief in the power of creativity. Companies currently include It’s Nice That, Anyways and Lecture in Progress.
Located in Haggerston we’re a short walk from Shoreditch and Dalston, as well as being connected to the rest of London through several bus routes and the London Overground.
Full address: 21 Downham Road, London N1 5AA
There are five key values we live by and they define the way we work day in, day out:
- make it happen (be proactive)
- embrace the new (be brave)
- find out more (be curious)
- everybody matters (be human)
- work with others (be collaborative)
- great company culture and environment
- other soft benefits including company breakfast every Monday
How to apply
Please apply via our online recruitment platform where you will be asked to upload your CV, portfolio and cover letter explaining in no more than 150 words why you think you’re suitable for a position at It’s Nice That.