Graphic Designer Miami HEATMiami, Florida, US
TIPOFF Magazine is an award-winning, NBA-leading, 56-page, glossy game day magazine, which is distributed to fans in attendance at every Miami HEAT home game. This free magazine presents a unique blend of basketball and lifestyle content, which features insightful information on the Miami HEAT team, the team behind the team and the facility they call home—AmericanAirlines Arena. Approximately 10,000 issues are distributed at each home game throughout the regular season. TIPOFF’s small size (5.5” x 8”) makes it an attractive keepsake for HEAT fans of all ages.
In this role, the graphic designer will be tasked with using creative elements from each HEAT campaign to create unique and innovative magazines for all 41 home games (Playoffs and Finals if need be). This person will work hand-in-hand with the Editor-in-Chief, who provides the content and direction of each book. The designer in this role is encouraged to bring out-of-the-box and creative ideas to the table.
- Proficient in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Has knowledge of editorial design and is comfortable with the magazine production process.
- Will collaborate with Editor-in-Chief on ideas that align with the campaign at hand, bringing interesting and creative suggestions to the table.
- Can build, populate, edit, and archive design files throughout the production process from concept to release.
- Can work with a variety of elements including photography, product images, type, logos, and graphic elements in close collaboration with the Editor-in-Chief.
- Has great attention to detail on design work and works quickly and efficiently.
- Able to handle extremely tight deadlines.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender/gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status entitled to protection under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws. EOE & DFWP
How did you hear about this job?
Are you proficient in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator? (Yes/No)
Do you have knowledge of editorial design and are comfortable with the magazine production process? (Yes/No)
Please submit a link to your portfolio.