Graphic Designer MMI Holdings LimitedPretoria, Gauteng, ZA
Graphic Designer (#24194) at Momentum Retail
MMI Holdings Limited (MMI) is a South African based financial services group listed on the South African stock exchange, the JSE. The group operates in the market through multiple client-facing brands including insurance and investment brands Metropolitan and Momentum, South Africa’s number one cell captive insurer Guardrisk and wellness & rewards programme Multiply. MMI operates in 14 countries, 12 in the African continent, United Kingdom and India through a direct presence, strategic partnerships and joint ventures.
MMI’s purpose is to enhance the lifetime Financial Wellness of people, their communities and their businesses. Financial Wellness is a continuous process of planning and management for individuals, households and businesses, with the aim of affording expenses and achieving goals over one’s lifetime. Our promise to our clients is to be their Financial Wellness partner over this life-long journey, using our expertise and solutions to help them develop and reach their goals. Visit us at www.mmiholdings.co.za
To be part of a team that makes things happen with excitement and within tight deadlines. To write, edit and proofread any content relating to agile projects for the Momentum brand. To support both marketing and communication in the company with exciting ways of telling clients how they can improve their financial wellness
- Effective ability to follow brief
- Good understanding of print media and exceptional design skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Work well under pressure
- Commitment to customers/stakeholders
- Work well in a dynamic and diversified team
- Problem-solving and pro-active thinking
- Ability to interpret brief correctly
- Effective communication skills and positive attitude
- Professional work ethics
Responsibilities and work output
- Creative conceptualisation from a brief by creating new artwork or working from templates/existing files.
- Design/Layout of material for print, email, web, social media, presentations and other ad-hoc items required.
- Design visual communications and marketing campaign elements.
- Adhere to the CI guidelines and maintain the required brand elements while producing innovative, effective designs.
- Check layout, content, images and logo application before finalisation of job/print ready.
- Prepare files for reproduction
- Scan and edit images effectively in photoshop (when necessary).
- Develop layouts, articles and documents based on the design brief.
- Creating and innovating
- Persuading and influencing
- Deciding and initiating action
- Adhering to principles and values
- Presenting and communicating information
- Apply expertise and technology
- Adapting and responding to change
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
Experience and qualifications
- Degree in Graphic Design
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Graphic Design
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat) as well as sufficient knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excell and Powerpoint)
- Web and HTML skills preferable
- Video editing advantageous