Graphic Designer MWWPRNew York City, New York, US
We’re looking for a smart, creative junior graphic designer to help our team turn great ideas into stunning design executions. The designer should be able to think critically, contribute to ideation, and design solutions rooted in client brand standards under the direction of our senior designers and creative directors. They should be a self-starter, un-afraid to ask questions, ready to learn and grow, and be collaborative in nature. This is an extremely fast-paced but exciting agency environment. Any applicants will need to be adept at managing their own time and workload, juggling multiple projects at any given time.
This role will sit in the New York, NY office.
**Please include a link to your portfolio with your application.
- Conceptualize, execute and produce design communications for diverse media (print, digital, video, events) with a focus on the craft of design under the direction of a Senior Designer or Creative Director
- Assist in the creation of presentation materials and documents, including PowerPoint decks and visual mock-ups
- Assist the creative team in miscellaneous production tasks (sourcing imagery and footage, retouching, image resizing, presentation design)
What You Have to Have (Education and Experience Requirements):
- 1-3 years of experience as part of a creative team, preferably in an agency environment
- A relevant visual design degree (graphic design, interactive design) or equivalent work experience
- A portfolio of client work demonstrating a range of approaches and styles (Interactive design, print design, gifs, banners, print ads and collateral)
- A great sense of current pop and social culture
- The ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication (writing, listening, explaining your ideas), organization & project management skills
- An eye for detail and the ability to follow direction and execute on feedback
- Intermediate knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office with strong PowerPoint skills.
- Working knowledge of motion design and editing (Premiere, After Effects, etc) and animation capabilities a plus
Success Factors and Other Details:
- To be successful, this person will take an active, hands-on role in assisting the Creative team in partnership with the Sr. Designers and Creative Directors. The designer must be an evangelist for creative excellence and design quality so as to assist in bringing the work of the creative department to a world-class level. The ideal candidate is a self-starter able to work quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines. This person should have excellent interpersonal skills and is confident and comfortable interacting with senior leadership.