Graphic Designer ONELondon, England, GB
ONE is a campaigning and advocacy organization of more than eight million people around the world taking action to end extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa. We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality. Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight AIDS and other preventable, treatable diseases in the poorest places on the planet. We empower small-holder farmers, expand access to energy, and combat corruption to ensure governments are accountable to their citizens. Cofounded by Bono, ONE is strictly nonpartisan funded by individual philanthropists and corporations.
ONE’s members are critical to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ONE teams in Washington D.C., New York, London, Johannesburg, Brussels, Berlin, Paris, Ottawa and Abuja to educate and lobby governments to save and improve millions of lives.
About the opportunity
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment towards reaching a common goal of ending extreme poverty and preventable disease. When you work for ONE, you will receive an exceptional benefits package along with the opportunity to contribute to worldwide causes impacting those most in need.
As a Designer, you will work closely with the Marketing team to execute and collaborate on creative concepts and deliverables in support of ONE’s mission. You will use your mastery of Adobe creative suite and your strong design eye to help create stand out work that pushes the brand forward. Your day-to-day work will include digital design, print, merchandising, and new media assets.
The ideal candidate is an ambitious self-starter with exceptional organization and prioritization skills. They should be comfortable with client and stakeholder interaction and eager to grow their conceptual thinking and digital marketing skills.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Design Director and will be based in London.
In this role you will:
- Design and create stand out work to support ONE’s objectives.
- Concept and create projects such as websites, social content, advertisements, emails, annual reports, merchandising, event materials and invitations.
- Work with ONE colleagues internationally to ensure our global campaigns are reflective of the cultural/country specific environment.
- Manage ONE’s creative works database managing file input and organization.
- Manage day-to-day creative projects, occasionally managing vendors, and adhering to production and internal deadlines and timelines.
- Demonstrate speed, efficiency and progressive design, while remaining organized and communicative.
- Coordinate well with other teams; sometimes presenting work and managing schedules.
What we need from you:
- Must possess a minimum of 4 years of post-secondary experience or equivalent in graphic design
- Experience designing web and mobile layouts that are thoughtful and work responsively
- Proven demonstration of outstanding creativity tied to results
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Outstanding listener; ability to take direction into assignments and deliver in a timely manner
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experience in print, merchandising and production design
- Ability to create motion graphics and animation preferred
- HTML and CSS skills a plus
- Agency experience a plus
- Self-starter who can work independently and has a desire to learn new skills
- Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration
- General interest and dedication to the mission of ONE
- Proficiency in French or German a plus
- Ability to consistently apply good judgment and make good and responsible decisions
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times
Fluency in English required. Fluency in other languages such as French or German is strongly desirable.
Travel up to 25% internationally.
If you are ready to join the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, please submit a resume to this opening at ONE jobs.
ONE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Due to the high volume of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only candidates eligible to work in the UK without legal restrictions should apply.