Graphic Designer Orlight LTDSt Albans, London, England, GB
Background and Orlight Statement:
Orlight was established in 1997 and is a long standing dominant force within the Architectural lighting market. We pride ourselves in adding value to our clients by providing unparalleled lighting products and services in a unique manner.
Our business model places us and subsequently our clients at an advantage, we are manufacturers completely and one hundred percent in command of our supply chain. Quality, research and development, product innovation, testing and procurement is all down to us. No third parties involved throughout our manufacturing process means we are able to deliver higher quality products at reduced prices to our client base.
Based in St Albans, Orlight is just 10 minutes away from Radlett Station which runs on to the Thameslink Rail and can be accessed from stations such as St Pancras, Kentish Town, Hendon and Mill Hill. We are situated on Victor Way in Colney Street which is situated 10 minutes from the M1.
We are seeking a creative Graphic Designer. The role will be to support the Graphics team by producing artwork to a professional standard and preparing production-ready files across various media outputs. The successful candidate should be a self-motivated individual with energy and enthusiasm in abundance, capable of working under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
They must be a confident communicator who works effectively in a team and independently. We are looking for someone who is able to use their initiative, whilst also taking direction from the senior member of their team. Interdepartmental skills are key as they will be working closely with the Manufacturing and Sales teams to deliver consistent designs and documents.
- Proficient user of Adobe Creative Cloud
- Previous experience working under a global brand guidelines
- Experience creating small and large format print work
- Innovative, creative thinker with strong problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exemplary organisation skills with attention to detail
- Self-driven and focused individual
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritise
- HTML and CSS understanding for email and web design
- Good knowledge of word, PowerPoint
- Good understanding of print production
Day to Day Tasks
- Creating company profile for both digital and print
- Creating layouts for large project specific documents
- Creating internal and external departmental presentations
- Understanding of large format printing for customer events
- May be required to produce a small product brochure for customer mail out
- Creating personal invites for client events
- Working alongside digital Designer and Web Manager to develop the interaction and visual of the current website
Qualifications & Skills
- Ability to liaise positively and professionally with colleagues
- Experience in critical thinking and problem-solving skills & excellent attention to detail
- Extensively organised with the ability to prioritise where necessary and multi-task
- Experience in forward planning and working to deadlines in a busy environment
- Understands and supports Orlight’s mission and values
- Confidence and experience in delegating to staff
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (this could include Flash, After Effects and Illustrator)
- High attention to detail
- Minimum of 2 Years’ Experience
Please attach a copy of your portfolio along with your application.
In return, we offer a highly competitive remuneration package and a unique opportunity for professional and personal development. This is a great opportunity to join a fast-growing industry Leader.
Working Hours: Monday – Friday 8am – 5:30pm
Location: Farringdon & Occasional Visits to HQ AL2 2FL
Benefits: Pension Scheme, 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
Start Date: March/April 2018`
Further information about Orlight is available at: www.orlight.com