Graphic Designer OrlightSt Albans, England, GB
Established in 1997, Orlight is a long-standing dominant force within the architectural lighting market internationally. We provide unparalleled lighting products and services delivered in a unique manner to our ever changing and exciting industry sector.
An exciting position has arisen for a talented Graphic Designer to join our in-house team based in St. Albans. We are seeking a multi-disciplined designer who is comfortable producing work across various media; from online marketing campaigns, editorials, leaflets and brochures to internal document presentations. You must be a confident communicator and someone who can take the initiative but also take direction from the senior members of their team.
The candidate should be a self-motivated individual with plenty of energy and enthusiasm that stays abreast of the latest design trends and is backed up with technical design skills and talent.
The work demands creative flair, knowledge of current industry software and excellent time management skills, which are required to fulfil tight deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Interdepartmental skills are key as you will be working closely with the Manufacturing and Sales teams to deliver accurate, clear, consistent and creative documents.
- Confident communicator able to work interdepartmentally
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills
- Able to work well under pressure
- Adaptability – maintain effectiveness in a fast moving/changing environment
- Versatility – can contribute effectively in a team and work independently
- Have great attention to detail, ensuring all artwork is accurate, consistent and clear
- Be highly organised to manage simultaneous projects
- Must have a minimum of two years’ experience
- Proficient in the use of Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Knowledge of After Effects and Premiere Pro would be advantageous but not necessary
- A knowledge of HTML, CSS and PHP
- Confident working across both print and digital media
- Good proofreading skills
- Must be fluent in English and competent copywriting skills
- Catalogues, brochures and leaflets
- Email campaigns
- Company presentations
- Internal communications
- Creating web-based assets
- Contributing to all online content e.g. websites, social media