Graphic Designer Reed Exhibitions AustraliaSydney, New South Wales, AU
Reed Exhibitions Australia (RXA) is the world leader in creating high profile, targeted industry events where buyers and suppliers come together to do business. As a member of the RELX Group, a world-leading business and information provider, RX offers integrated market access programs covering exhibitions, trade publications, direct marketing and the Internet.
Overview of the Role:
We are looking for a motivated, highly creative mid-tier graphic designer to join our team for a Fixed Term Contract (FTC) position. Your portfolio will consist of two of Australia’s largest pop culture events: Oz Comic-Con and PAX Australia - managing the design of brands and creating collateral for use across web and print.
Timing: 10 months – approximately February – November.
- Execute design briefs including: brochures, flyers, logos, advertisements, merchandise, website concepts, posters, signage and other promotional collateral.
- Create/alter/update graphic elements for online web, social media and newsletters.
- Work with photo heavy content.
- Produce attractive, effective, sales driven designs.
- Communicate effectively with senior team members to deliver at a high standard.
- Liaise with clients to meet brief objectives
- Minimum 2-3 years working graphic design experience.
- High level proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and ability to prepare images and documents for print and web.
- The ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and work well in a high pressure environment.
- The ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- A tertiary qualification in visual communications, graphic design or similar.
- An understanding of brand management.
- Good layout skills.
- The ability to adapt to different target markets.
- Exceptional organisational skills and file management.
- Excellent attention to detail and a drive for quality.
- Good business acumen.
- PowerPoint design ability a plus (but not essential).
- A determination to achieve and succeed
Note - If you are successful in round one interviews, you will be required to execute a short, mock design brief.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in this role.