Graphic Designer ReformationCulver City, California, US
[ Junior Graphic Designer ]
Who We Are:
Reformation is a fast-growing company that is redefining fashion. We make killer clothes that don’t kill the environment and want our garments’ impact on the planet to be as low as possible. After all, there’s nothing less sexy than leaving a big nasty mess.
Junior Graphic Designer:
Reformation is seeking a Junior Graphic Designer to join our dynamic Creative team. The Junior Graphic Designer will report directly to the Creative Director and Graphic Designer, and play an integral role in designing creative assets. This person should be a highly motivated designer with a clean and sophisticated design sensibility and deep understanding of Reformation’s brand and aesthetic. The position requires an ability to translate our brand aesthetic into assets that will live across multiple platforms and properties, from web to retail to packaging. He or she must take initiative, possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills, be a team player and execute against tight deadlines. Any additional skills such as UX design and photography/videography is a big plus.
What You'll Do:
- Support Creative and Marketing teams with day-to-day design needs.
- Help concept and design in-house marketing materials.
- Contribute to the conception and design of emails, website layouts, online ads, social media and other various brand projects such as packaging, design & store assets.
- Collaborate with internal teams – creative, marketing, retail etc. - to understand product, editorial and campaign requirements & identify where you can add value.
- Understand the Ref brand aesthetic to ensure all creative deliverables tell our story and are brand appropriate.
- Stay abreast of new creative trends, insights and generate ideas on how to best translate these for the brand.
- Take creative direction, work collaboratively and integrate feedback into your work.
What You'll Need:
- 1-2 years of graphic design experience preferred, but recent graduates welcome.
- Full time preferred but would consider part time (2-3 days/week) as well.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design preferred but not a deal breaker
- Fluency with core graphic design principles (typography, form, color, composition, imagery, etc)
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Bridge) -- total bonus if you have front end development skills
- Ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines, respond positively to feedback and adapt quickly to changes
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- A proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for eligible employees
- Paid vacation, sick, holidays & volunteer time-off for eligible employees
- Mission based company + casual and entrepreneurial work environment
- Clothing discount, dog-friendly office, company events + parties and much more
Please submit your resume, portfolio and a short cover letter answering the below 4 questions and why you are a great fit for Reformation!
- What's your favorite brand and why?
- Describe something you're obsessed with and why
- How would you describe the brand Reformation to someone who's never heard of it?
- What's the best mistake you've ever made?