Graphic Designer Rockstar GamesEdinburgh, Scotland, GB
[ Motion Graphic Designer ]
Position at Rockstar North
At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North is on the lookout for a talented Visual / Motion Graphic Designer who is highly skilled in the design of game interfaces and creating gameplay visualizations. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of Edinburgh.
What we do
- We develop visual and motion design language across all titles.
- We develop gameplay visualizations to showcase the look and feel of the player experience.
- We collaborate with Art Directors, UI / UX designers, developers, and other teams to help shape the player experience for our games.
- Concept development - visualizing UI / HUD elements to help inform gameplay, pre-vis flow mock-ups and post FX treatments.
- Conceptualize, design and execute linear sequences, cinematics and in-game animated assets.
- Work collaboratively and flexibly with the development teams as required across all Rockstar studios.
- Problem solving with the ability to work within the boundaries of technical constraints.
- 2+ years professional experience in a similar position.
- Strong design and animation portfolio – graphic design, typography, layout, solid understanding of core principles of animation.
- Comfortable working in a wide range of aesthetic styles, in both 2D and 3D.
- A passion for motion graphics and awareness of the latest plugins, software and techniques.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, a keen eye for detail and able to work under tight deadlines.
- Exceptional creative talent.
- Passionate, proactive, multi-disciplined designer.
- After Effects including key 3rd party plugins.
- Adobe CC suite – proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator in particular.
- Good communication skills to work closely with our global team.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with UI / UX design or collaborating with UI and UX designers.
- Experience of working and animating with Adobe Flash, on the timeline and / or with ActionScript.
- Experience working with video game engines.
- 3D knowledge – 3Dmax / Cinema 4D including plugins and 3rd party render experience.
- Editing knowledge.
- Storyboarding / drawing.
- Passion for playing and making games.
How to apply
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.