Graphic Designer Save the ChildrenMelbourne, Victoria, AU
Wanted: Visual magician. In this part-time, 12 month maximum-term position working 15 hours per week, you will create innovative visual solutions to satisfy our graphic design needs to both internal and external clients. You will turn written and verbal briefs into creative and targeted fundraising, awareness and advocacy campaigns that meet specific needs and amplify Save the Children’s brand. You will work collaboratively, and your experimental attitude will produce standout graphic output. The bolder our brand, the bigger our voice for vulnerable children.
Save the Children is no ordinary not-for-profit.
We’re ambitious, creative and outspoken. We stand up for children’s rights. We want all children to be educated, healthy and live a life free from violence. We run programs in Australia and overseas and, if there’s a disaster - like an earthquake, drought or conflict – we are there on the ground.
Where you come in:
Based in Carlton, you will create engaging visual solutions for both print and digital media to satisfy Save the Children’s communication needs. You will be part of the Marketing team, reporting to our Creative Services Manager and working closely with colleagues across Supporter Engagement – including fundraising – and the wider charity. One day you might be creating a direct mail pack to support our tax year end appeal and the next day it might be working on our annual report or designing our Christmas cards.
You will make an impact by:
- Creating concepts, designs and sample layouts that work beautifully in print and online, e.g. magazines, reports, direct mail campaigns, digital display, social media assets and web content
- Interpreting project owners’ needs and determining the best options to represent those needs visually
- Creating digital assets for interactive media and multimedia projects
- Effectively translating the brand guidelines in all visual collateral produced
- Advising on technical matters relating to projects such as stock choices, print specifications, and images
- Collaborating with the Marketing team to ensure synergy of all produced materials
If we could compose the perfect you…
…You are naturally imaginative with a strong creative flair. You love taking on new ideas and briefs and turning them into visually appealing materials to be seen by large audiences. You are highly motivated with strong organisational skills and relish working to tight deadlines. You also take great pride in your work and your visual solutions.
This role requires:
- Demonstrated experience in a similar Graphic Design role
- High proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Ability to understand client needs and translate these into engaging visual solutions across print and digital media
- High motivation and proactive attitude in presenting new ideas whilst requiring little supervision
- Tertiary qualification in Graphic Design
Working at Save the Children is more than just a job.
It’s the feeling of knowing that your work is contributing to making the world a better place for children and working with others who feel the same.
In addition to a connection to social causes, you will have access to:
- Opportunity to work on additional projects alongside business as usual
- Child and pet friendly work environment
- Full salary packaging benefits
- Additional annual leave options available
We’d love to hear from you. Submit your cover letter and resume by clicking on one of the buttons in the ‘Apply’ section.
Applications close 5pm Monday 14 October 2019.
Part-time, 12 month maximum-term parental leave cover, 15 hours per week.
Position Description – Graphic Designer
At Save the Children, we seek a workforce that is as diverse as our society – in race, ethnicity, gender, age, sexuality, cultures and beliefs – and reflects the communities we work in. We believe diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our culture and core values and we demonstrate this commitment through all our employment practices. Our inclusive workplace culture contributes to making Save the Children a great place to work.
Save the Children Australia is a child-safe organisation. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check where necessary, and sign our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.