Graphic Designer Studio Egret WestLondon, England, GB
Graphic Designer at Studio Egret West
Studio Egret West is an award winning multidisciplinary practice looking for an exceptional graphic designer to join our studio.
This successful candidate will be working as part of our graphic design team to deliver a range of graphic assets both internally (practice focused) and externally (client focused). These will be a combination of brand packages, architectural graphics, printed documents, signage and way- finding graphics, presentations, various marketing materials and graphic assets for online use.
- Able to plan key tasks in order to hit deadlines and manage the expectations of others
- Good at managing your time, analysing tasks and understanding what is required to identify the optimal method for delivery of a successful project
- Confident under pressure and able to hit deadlines consistently
- Prepared for meetings with the appropriate material to hand and full understanding of its contents
- Your approach:
- Take initiative in response to direction or instruction
- Develop a strong sense of ownership and background knowledge of your project(s) and tasks
- Discuss and agree with the team the appropriate tools to carry out tasks that makes the best use of resources to meet deadlines efficiently
- Actively seek formal and informal input from colleagues at the studio to support your work and contribute to the wider design team
- Exhibit all round awareness and report relevant matters to supervising colleagues before they become critical issues
- Ability to produce time estimates for projects.
- Must have:
- One years experience delivering graphic design projects, working either in-house or for an agency.
- Expert knowledge of the main Adobe CC programs; InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- A degree in graphic design, visual communication or equivalent.
Good to have:
- Knowledge of CAD, SketchUp and a render software.
- Knowledge of motion graphics software and video editing would be a real benefit.
- Develop, maintain and apply SEWs brand across a range of media. Think cycling uniforms, printed publications and social media posts.
- Work with templates for presentations and reports. Using them, adapting them to specific projects and constantly maintaining them to keep a contemporary look and feel and smooth functionality.
- Implement and maintain all relevant file systems, templates, file structure and project folders to allow anyone not in detailed knowledge of the project to gain a clear understanding with minimal effort Update
- Keep an overview of physical files and documents, so they are to hand when a colleague requires.
- Prepare artwork for print and liaise with printers to secure the best results. This involves getting multiple quotes, samples and carrying out test prints.
- Work with the business development team to prepare posts for social media and the Studio’s website.
- Occasionally arrange meetings with printers and suppliers to evaluate their production facilities, service and product.
Please send by email your portfolio containing 5 to 8 projects, and a short covering letter outlining why you
are perfect for the job, for the attention of Faye Lawrence .
If you wish to submit a hard copy, please send to the following address:
Studio Egret West
3 Brewhouse Yard