Graphic Designer The Cheesecake FactoryCalabasas, California, US
You may know us as a company with great food…You may also know us from being named to the FORTUNE Magazine “100 Best Companies to Work For®” list six years in a row…What you may not know is how much fun Cheesecake Internships are!
As a Cheesecake Graphic Design Intern you will play an integral part in supporting our Organizational Engagement department by assisting with ongoing projects and responsibilities that relate to your future career. You’ll have the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of how HR Communications and Multimedia departments function by interacting with the entire team as well as cross functionally with other departments.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of HR Communications, you will work with an Organizational Engagement team of 15. This position is located in Calabasas Hills, CA, supporting the HR Communications function for a global $2.3 billion publicly traded company with over 200 full service restaurants and more than 39,000 staff members.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
Execute a wide range of responsibilities using our style guide to create materials for a variety of internal communication needs.
Collaborate with our HR Communications Team, Graphic Designers, and Senior Manager of Learning Technologies to assist with designs for print, digital, and email marketing projects. You’ll also help create banners and other digital artwork for our internal manager portal and update creative assets/materials needed for internal advertising campaigns.
Potential projects may also include: adapting email templates to reflect The Cheesecake Factory branding; helping to establish a storage/archiving system for photo and video assets.
You’ll thrive in this internship if you are:
- A strong communicator: You’re capable of articulating a message in a clear, concise, and conversational manner.
- Service minded: You’re a people person who effortlessly provides exceptional support whether it’s over the phone or in person.
- A team player: You love collaboration and always show respect for the views and contributions of others.
- A creative problem-solver: You have an uncanny ability to think outside-the-box, using the resources at hand to effortlessly get to the bottom of an issue.
What we require:
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary educational institution.
- Completed a minimum of 2 years in post-secondary education.
- Majoring in graphic design or a related field.
- Minimum GPA of 3.5.
- Available to work a minimum of 24 hours per week.
- Proficiency with Adobe In-Design, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Proficiencywith Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For", The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates more than 200 full-service, casual dining restaurants throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Internationally, twenty-one The Cheesecake Factory® restaurants operate under licensing agreements. Continuing on our path to becoming a Global Iconic Brand, we employ more than 39,000 staff members, 320 of whom work at the corporate support center in Calabasas Hills, CA. #SoCheesecake #LifeAtCheesecake