Graphic Designer Thumbs Up (UK) Ltd.Ruislip, England, GB
If you’re looking for ordinary – look away now. Thumbs Up brings innovation, fun, quality and value to the gifting market. An award-winning, international design and distribution company – Thumbs Up has been bringing quirky gadgets, gifts and homeware to retailers large and small since 2004.
With offices and warehouses in over four countries – Thumbs Up’s logistics and know- how are second to none. From best-selling lines to bespoke product ranges for clients – Thumbs Up leads the pack when it comes to delivering pioneering products at great prices.
Thumbs Up is looking for a Graphic Designer with both print and packaging experience to work on its expanding gift, licensed and all manner of creative, innovative and design-driven products.
Your role would include but not be limited to:
- Working as part of a team to develop packaging design, research current and future trends, trade show visuals and exhibition structures, presentations and catalogues.
- Helping to conceive and develop new product ideas.
- Design advance sales materials for new products.
- Creating CAD visuals of new products prior to launch.
- Communicating with the Design and Product Managers in terms of the general look and feel product ranges.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Fluent understanding of Adobe CS (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop a must).
- Keen eye for composition, a meticulous attention to detail and a real interest in the gift and retail industry.
- Have a positive attitude and enthusiasm to take advantage of every learning opportunity.
- Strong experience of developing design concepts.
- Ability to turn around quality work to tight timings.
- Understanding of digital media capabilities and limitations.
- A keen eye on market trends and industry innovation.
- A hard worker and able to cope in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Useful but not essential experience of designing for web plus UX/UI would be an advantage as would a basic understanding of HTML and CSS.
Please send your CV along with images/link of previous work and letter outlining why you think you’d be suitable for the job. Please do not apply without a portfolio of images of finished projects.
If you can tell a great story with your work, talk with genuine passion about design and creativity and want to challenge yourself in a new design role we’d love to hear from you.
Salary dependent on experience.