Graphic Designer TinkahDubai, AE
Lead Graphic Designer
Since its launch, Tinkah has earned a reputation as one of the regions leading 'idea engine' thanks to a team of interior designers, industrial designers, and graphic designers who collaborate to produce all aspects of brand and experiential projects that we focus on.
Multidisciplinary design and concept firm Tinkah, is seeking a Lead Graphic Designer for a Full time position
The Lead Graphic Designer will work closely with the art director, creative director and department head to generate and develop creative concepts for the clients and in house projects that we have.
- Take the design “brief” to record requirements and clients needs
- Schedule project implementation and define budget constraints
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts
- Prepare rough drafts and present your ideas
- Work as part of a team with project managers, researchers, designers and executives.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials.
- Plans concept by studying information and materials.
- Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval.
- Amend final designs to clients comments and gain full approval
- Prepares finished copy and art by operating typesetting, printing, and coordinating from vendors.
- Complete projects by coordinating with vendors, printers, and production
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Execute projects in the field of design
- Lead design projects and report back to project manager, art director & creative director
- Manage production and suppliers
- Meet clients and determine job requirements with the project manager
- Develop concepts and ideas based on the client or creative director
- Develop job breakdown and estimate the time required to complete the work to provide accounts department for costing
- Pitch to clients or design teams
- Contribute ideas and design artwork to the overall brief
- Work on layout and art-work pages ready for print, production, and timescale
- Work with associate vendors to monitor production, ensure deadlines are met, and final output are of best standards
- Preferably in the UAE
- BA graduate in graphics, communication art, visual communications or other related field
- Master’s preferred
- Experience at least 5-7 years' of working in studios or agency or experience as a freelancer
- Arabic language will be added advantage
- Proven graphic designing experience
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas
- Up to date with industry leading software and technologies (In Design, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop etc.)
- Highly proficient in all design aspects
- Professionalism regarding time, costs and deadlines
- Good eye on details
- Experience in leading projects
- Production skills (pre press)
- Time management and organization skills
- Open to work in different design areas
- Work under pressure
- Love crafts and working out of the computer
- Ability to innovate and redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time
- Basic video editing and animation skills
- Illustration Skills
- Fluency in English Reading, Speaking and Writing
- Knowledge of working on iMac software
How to apply
Able to start work on short-term notice as Full Time Lead Graphic Designer, Please provide your resume/cv application to recruitment(at)tinkah.com (no larger than 10MB). Include in the subject line: LEAD GRAPHIC DESIGNER