Graphic Designer WFPRome, Latium, IT
[ Communications Officer/Graphic Designer ]
The World Food Programme, the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide, is offering life-changing communications job opportunities you’re unlikely find in many other organizations. Working at WFP will give you the opportunity to work beyond your expectations, to be enriched by truly meaningful work and deepen your professional expertise.
At WFP, we are driven and defined by our mission to fight world hunger, save lives, feed people’s dreams of a brighter future, reduce risk and help enable people, communities and countries meet their own food and nutrition needs. WFP goes anywhere it’s needed and does whatever it takes to get the job done. You will find our people at the heart of every major humanitarian intervention around the world, providing the essential life-saving foundation required for those furthest behind. Each year, we reach an average of 80 million people with food assistance in around 80 countries.
Delivering our mission requires deep respect for personal and cultural differences and close collaboration between every member of our global team. While the 15,000 people working for WFP reflect the rich diversity of the world in which we work, the vital importance of our shared mission underpins a remarkably close community of purpose
Key accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
This job is located at the WFP HQ in Rome and if you are the selected candidate, you will report to the Head of our Publishing Unit, at the Communications Division contributing with the following duties:
- Provide specialized design expertise to lead WFP's graphic production of digital and print materials as well as guidance on graphic components of video and web products, helping create and maintain a contemporary overall WFP style in line with WFP's branding.
- Conceptualize, design and prepare layouts for myriad digital and print materials, including reports, fact sheets, infographics, posters, fliers, invitations, certificates, banners, greeting cards and more.
- Design graphic elements for WFP.org and WFP social media platforms, refreshing the contents and stylistically conforming the elements for an improved viewing experience.
- Conceptualize and prepare graphic elements for fundraising and visibility campaigns on wfp.org.
- Collaborate on the development of WFP's new visual branding, branding guidance and branded materials.
- Lead the production of new corporate templates as well as signage elements for field offices.
- Provide design guidance to other graphic designers in the team; provide guidance to colleagues within the Division on use of graphic software and procedures to autonomously produce content.
- Undertake any other related duties as may be assigned to you.
- Collaborate with the wider Communications team as required.
Standard minimum quanlifications
Advanced University degree in graphic design, media and communications, fine arts, or relevant field or a First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
Experience and competencies
- At least 3 years of relevant progressively responsible experience in graphic design.
- Good understanding of new and evolving technologies and digital platforms;
- Demonstrated professional competence and mastery of subject matters
- Well organized and detail oriented with strong judgement/decision-making skills;
- Ability to understand what audiences need and how they want to consume it
- Ability to plan and organize work and communicate effectively
- Ability to handle a large volume of work and to meet strict deadlines
Specific Knowledge & Skills:
Excellent technical knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Professional.
Fluency in oral and written in English (level C) and, at least intermediate knowledge (level B) of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish)
Terms and conditions
Mobility is and continues to be a core contractual requirement in WFP. This position is however classified as “non-rotational” which means the incumbent shall not be subject to the regular reassignment process unless the position is reclassified as rotational.
Selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term contract with a probationary period of one year. WFP offers an attractive compensation package. For more details please visit International Civil Service Commission website: http://icsc.un.org