Graphic Designer Wildlife Conservation SocietyNew York City, New York, US
Work with the Donor Communications team on digital and print graphic communication assignments that advance the cultivation of individual supporters to WCS, and help maintain the fundraising toolkit for the Global Resources division. Collaborate with fundraising teams and throughout the organization, on the design and production of print and digital pieces. Serve as a point person across the division on general graphic design functions and collaborate with designers on the digital and exhibit design teams to maintain WCS’s visual identity.
- Design and coordinate production/review of fundraising communications, including digital/print solicitations, infographics, invitations, pitch decks, proposals, and other digital/print materials to support Global Resources’ fundraising efforts.
- Transform conservation messaging into simplified, visually striking, and engaging communications through icons, graphs, charts, diagrams, timelines, and other data visualization for digital and print applications.
- Design, code, test, and as requested help deploy, html email emails and templates for donor alerts, invitations, and other messages to top funders and prospects.
- Develop and/or design online donation forms, reply forms, web pages, digital invitations, and other graphic resources for WCS fundraising, stewardship, and cultivation events.
- Support overall print production needs—provide specs, recommendations, and technical reviews of design drafts produced by consultants; manage print and digital proofs.
- Create high profile, dynamic digital presentations for supporters and prospects using innovative design and storytelling methods/tools to convey impact.
- Revise and/or create proposal, report, and Powerpoint templates for use across corporate, foundation, and individual donor audiences. Assist in distributing templates for internal use, conduct tutorials, and provide template troubleshooting support across Global Resources teams.
- Assist with ongoing photo procurement through WCS’s Photo Collection database, WCS field programs, and stock imagery as needed.
- Support general graphic design functions for Global Resources and work with the organization’s other in-house design teams, freelancers, partners, and agencies to express WCS’s visual identity and maintain consistency across fundraising communications.
- Manage style guidelines and fulfill logo requests across capital campaigns, partnerships, and other fundraising initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Arts, or a related field and 2 to 3 years experience in a graphic design role.
- Keen eye for detail and ability to handle multiple projects under deadline pressure.
- Conceptual thinker and skilled designer with a strong portfolio of verbal and visual communications skills.
- Adheres to a high standard of work; ability to constructively receive and integrate feedback to produce a finished product.
- Confident working within a team and across departments at all levels of the organization; excels in both collaborative and independent settings.
- Nonprofit experience and in interest in conservation and philanthropy preferred.
- Superlative proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud apps, including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Proficiency with PC-based OS and applications: Microsoft Windows 7; Microsoft Office, especially Powerpoint and Word.
- Position demands full time usage of a PC operating system. Knowledge of design theory/principles and strong typography skills, either from previous professional experience or academic study.
- Experience with online presentation software is a plus. Familiarity with Google Analytics and Salesforce, SAP (or similar constituent/customer databases) a plus.