Industrial Designer BlondLondon, England, GB
Who we are
Blond is a London-based, process led, family sized studio, founded in 2014. We create contemporary products, spaces and digital experiences for a diverse range of brands; from startups to global leaders.
Our name is inspired by a colour of wood - a subtle, muted and unobtrusive colour. Our philosophy is hidden within this. We believe that good design answers questions, is intuitive and brings benefit to the user; without shouting. We strive for simple solutions to what are often complex problems.
Our employees are our focus. We believe that a healthy work-life balance results in happy designers, good design work and in turn; satisfied clients. We avoid late nights with careful project planning. This is one of the foundations the studio has been been built upon.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic junior/mid-weight designer to join our small but fast growing studio. You will be working closely with the two directors and expected to participate in all aspects of a project. The position is permanent, with room to develop and progress as the company continues to grow.
You should be
To become a member of the Blond team, you should:
- be a perfectionist, driven by doing your best work and meeting the high creative standards expected from Blond
- be a team-player and eager to contribute to positively to the studio culture
- have the ability to bring innovative and fresh ideas to each project
- be comfortable working on a broad spectrum of projects at a fast pace and able to quickly adapt to different processes
- be able to effectively demonstrate your ideas via; sketch, CAD and 3D mock-ups
- be comfortable following a client’s brief and always mindful of the timeline, deliverables and scope
- be keen to build professional relationships with clients and suppliers
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- have a degree in BA product/industrial design or BA furniture design
- have at least two years professional experience designing consumer products, iideally electronics
- have a strong creative portfolio including a diverse range of projects
- have an understanding of materials and processes
- be proficient with Rhino, other 3D programs a bonus but not a necessity
- have strong 3D rendering abilities, ideally 3D max and VRay
- be skilled with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- be fluent in English, both written and spoken
- be eligible to work in the UK
Salary: depending upon experience
Application deadline: 12 October 2017
How to apply
Please note, due to a high volume of applicants - applications that do not follow these steps will not be reviewed:
Send a PDF copy of your CV and portfolio to - jobs(at)blond.cc
No Issuu or similar web-based portfolios please
PDF should be no larger than 10mb
Title the email - 'Blond Industrial Designer Application - October 2017'
No need to create a cover letter, please introduce yourself via email.