Industrial Designer BrenthavenSeattle, Washington, US
We are seeking for an Industrial / Product Designer with solid experience designing molded products in the Consumer Product industry for 3+ years using Solidworks. The successful candidate for this role shall design Molded Cases or similar, and own the design process from concept to manufactured product.
The Industrial Designer role is a full-time position based out of our Seattle office directly reporting to the COO. The person in this role will be responsible for driving the creation of innovative and compelling molded products. This includes molded computer and tablet cases. You will work with a team of talented designers to execute against brand and product strategies. As part of your role, you will present your designs through sketches, technical drawings and CAD renderings, as you take each product from concept to production ready sample.
Skills & Experience:
- You have held a full-time job for 3 years, designing molded products, using solidworks in a consumer product industry.
- You have strong aesthetic sensibility and can visually and verbally communicate your creative ideas through sketches, renderings and presentations
- You can take concepts from drawings into CAD files, then mange the tool development and ultimately into a final approved molded product from the tool.
- You have knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes that help you work efficiently with factories through the development process.
- You are creative but also organized and focused. You know how to get stuff done while still delivering unique, creative solutions.
- You know how to prioritize through asking good questions.
- You have a passion for consumer electronics
- You have traveled to factories to work on the projects you have developed.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, BS or BID degree specializing in industrial design.
- 3+ years of industrial design experience working in molded goods with actual hands-on experience using Solidworks
- You live in Seattle or are willing to relocate to the thriving metropolis known as Seattle.
- You are available to travel up to 30% of the time, including international travel.
This is for a full-time position with full salary and benefits package.
Please note that candidates who are not US citizens or permanent residents need to have authorization to work in the US in order to be considered for the role.
Interested? Please send an email with subject line "Industrial Designer @Brenthaven" containing the following information:
1. ecopy of your resume in word or pdf
2. a pdf or links to your online portfolio on specific relevant products you have designed that reflect your talent and relevant industry experience
3. How would you rate your level of expertise in Solidworks on a scale of 1-10 (1 being a beginner and 10 being an expert)?
4. current salary (if currently employed)
5. expected salary
6. if you are not from Seattle, WA, will you be willing to relocate?