Industrial Designer DesignitMunich, Bavaria, DE
Do you care about the people you're designing for and with? Do you understand physical objects in the larger context of connected product systems and the advantages of technology? Do you have the skills to make products user-friendly by building relationships between people and services? Do you like questions?
We believe in teamwork, fun, complex projects, and simple solutions. How about you? We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer with the experience, passion and Jedi skills to help us rid the world of crappy design – one project at a time.
Meet the gang
Based in Munich, you’ll join our team of researchers, strategists and designers within service, product, brand, digital, interaction, and user experience design. You’ll work in an international and playful environment with big, innovative brands alongside some of Europe’s most creative brains. And you’ll be part of a culture with an unparalleled passion for changing the world through exceptional design and problem solving.
We’ll give you everything you can dream of, from super friendly and creative co-workers, a strong focus on your development, to projects that really make a difference. It’s important that joining Designit will be one of the best decisions of your life.
Would you like to…
- Lead and work on diverse projects and across competencies to make human-shaped, simple and valuable solutions
- Get your hands dirty – We prototype and craft experiences across touchpoints and test constantly throughout the process
- Be a trusted partner to clients and an expert in the realm of delivering innovative scalable product solutions through production and into the hands of users efficiently and to budget
- Take the initiative and be a spokesperson for the physical domain and look for opportunities to collaborate and share your expertise cross domains within Designit and beyond (while reporting to our Design Manager)
- Be able to handle and advise on large scale product portfolios and complex ecosystems whilst connecting the dots between strategy and design touchpoints
- Drive ideation and brainstorming sessions with interdisciplinary teams
We would like you to be…
- 5 + years of industry experience as part of a multi-disciplinary design team
- A bachelor or master’s graduate in industrial design, product design, or with a similar educational background
- Experienced with user-centred design methods and design strategy, with the ability to turn insights into feasible design concepts
- Equipped with an advanced product design sense for usability, shapes and materials
- Professional in the use of 3D software, such as Rhino or Solidworks, as well as the Adobe Design Standard package
- Fluent with design research techniques, storytelling and presentation skills
- A problem solver, with ideas that challenge the ordinary, together with the drive – and the guts – to bring them to life
- On a quest to change the world for the better, with design
- Fluent in English and German – other languages are a bonus!
Would you like to join…?
- An inspiring, informal and collaborative workplace
- A lot of responsibility and the chance to shape your own career
- The chance to work with some of the biggest and most innovative brands in the world
- A wide range of client sectors and project scopes
- A job in our office in Munich with 50+ great colleagues, where being #bettertogether is our mantra
Go right ahead and click the Apply Now button on our website.
Please apply in English.
We’re itching to see your previous work, so remember to include your portfolio (pdf or web).
Deadline: we are ready to wait for the right person
Start date: as soon as possible
Designit is a global strategic design firm, part of the leading technology company, Wipro. We match big-picture thinking with creativity and technology, to drive change and growth across businesses, industries, and societies. Our vision is to make a human-shaped world, where everything is designed around real human needs. With a team of 470+ designers, researchers and business designers across 13 offices worldwide, we make products, services, and experiences that improve the way we all live, work, and do business.