Industrial Designer LOFTwall,Dallas, Texas, US
At LOFTwall, we do a whole lot more than manufacture room dividers and privacy partitions. We make space work better. Whether organizations want to foster group collaboration or privacy for individuals working on their own, LOFTwall offers innovative, creative, fully customizable space-defining solutions.
About the Role:
Our growing manufacturing and warehouse firm is seeking an experienced Industrial designer who will make an immediate impact in our operation by bringing new innovative ideas, on-trend knowledge of the office furniture space and bring new vision to project management. He or she will report directly to the President.
The ideal candidate for this role will be highly collaborative with our internal team, architects, designers, dealers and end-users and will bring high-energy and the capacity to take on many project ideas at a time.
Skills, Abilities & Knowledge:
- The ability to learn and apply new product knowledge in a timely manner.
- Responsible for creating on-trend designs.
- Knowledge of product materials, finishes and processes.
- Participate in market research for product enhancements and potential new products.
- Use computer software to develop virtual 3D models of different designs
- Conceptualize new components or redesign existing components based on customer requirements as well as
- Evaluate on-trend design ideas based on appealing appearance, design-function relationships, product safety to determine if a design is practical.
- Brainstorm ideas to create physical prototypes of designs.
- Coordinate and participate in product testing.
- Work with other specialists such as mechanical engineers or manufacturers to evaluate whether their design concepts will fill a need at a reasonable cost.
- Collaborate with the warehouse and manufacturing teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate (both oral and written) effectively and professionally.
- Consult with clients to determine requirements for designs.
- Discuss with client and other departments, budget, background information, objectives, presentation approaches, styles, techniques and related factors necessary for successful design.
- Create, design, review, and present final layouts with all stakeholders for input.
- Confer with all stakeholders to clarify or resolve problems prior to development of design; maintain communication throughout development process.
- 3-5 years of prior experience in industrial design.
- Advanced proficiency in AutoCAD and/or other 3D rendering software.
- Solid knowledge of furniture products and best practices for furniture design is highly desirable.
- Previous use of Revit and/or Sketchup is highly desirable.
- Graphic design background is desirable.
If you are interested in our position, we would encourage you to apply by sending your resume by email.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.