Industrial Designer Vista OutdoorPetaluma, California, US
Join our talented team. Employees at Vista Outdoor are passionate and committed to delivering quality products to our customers. Our culture centers on an engaged and accountable workforce. Our goal is to attract and retain a diverse workforce: rich in talent, background, ideas and experience.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
CamelBak is a world leader in hydration products for the recreational and military markets, and its employees relentlessly innovate to help drive our users to hydrate and perform at their peak. As the summer Industrial Design Intern, you will become quickly immersed in our culture to become an immediate contributor to the creative process. You will work in a fast paced, collaborative and creative environment which routinely tackles the challenges issues confronted by our active user.
Support the in-house Design, Engineering, and Softgoods Development teams with design, research, testing, and administrative tasks:
- Contribute to new and ongoing hardgoods initiatives by assisting with prototyping, facilitating user tests, and other related tasks
- Assist in the development of softgoods product lines including research, ideation, color work, and design spec packages
- Maintenance and organization of the sewing lab
- Perform other miscellaneous tasks as assigned
- Currently pursuing or holding an Industrial Design or Fine Arts related degree
- Experience using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop required
- Patterning and sewing experience a plus
- 3D modeling experience a plus
The ideal candidate would possess the following characteristics:
- Be passionate about your work and its contribution to driving continued innovation
- Possess strong visualization and sketching skills while being able to articulate the meaning of their output
- Be willing to work from a blank sheet of paper and self-direct knowing they have the support from a group of extremely talented designers and engineers
Academic or project industrial design experience.
As indicated by responsibilities with ability to handle multiple priorities; working environment includes a standard office as well as a testing and prototype lab.
Computer terminal use 6 hours per day. Prototyping with manual tools and power machinery as required to meet project goals. Moving boxes of products for shipping. Ability to lift 50 pounds unassisted with extended periods of standing.
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!