Senior Visual/Graphic Designer
KRAUS USA is looking for a talented individual with a strong foundation in graphic design and a clean design sensibility to support the Creative Team and contribute to future brand development with passion, creativity, teamwork, and a can-do attitude. You must have a clean typography style and good form/space sensibilities, print production knowledge, and strong ability to move from digital to print to 3-dimensional environments.
This position will play an integral role in creative development and execution of marketing, brand and social materials. Other projects like digital content for multiple e-commerce sites, new business pitch work, web assets, including email blasts, retail programs and various exhibit design projects will fill out the range of work.
As a senior member of the design team, you will help in mentoring other designers, as well as supporting the Creative Director in maintaining a positive creative team environment, working well with internal clients and external vendors. The right Senior Visual/Graphic Designer will take direction from the Creative Director and also guide other designers in meeting the Creative Director’s input; will work well in a collaborative environment as well as independently. You should be self-sufficient when necessary, capable of working autonomously with results, and as a collaborator within the fast-paced Creative team. Extra points for added skills in video editing, storyboards and CGI work.
We want designers who are passionate about their work, and are always looking to be inspired and pushed to excel. We need team players, with a great attitude and no ego issues.
Have had the opportunity to have their hands on many different projects, including identity systems; digital assets to support web and social, mobile and apps, banner ads, email templates and other digital collateral as requested; print collateral, marketing campaigns and exhibit design projects.
• Highly energetic and proactive
• Passionate about the latest developments in design, technology, and social platforms
• Quick to learn, and open to constructive criticism
• Collaborative team player with the ability to shift gears quickly, efficiently and effectively
• Dependable, reliable, and supportive
• Clear-thinking, with great attention to detail
• Clear communicator
• Highly organized and resourceful
• Able to multi-task and fulfill multiple project requests while meeting deadlines
Job Responsibilities (including but are not limited to):
• Work with the Creative Director and other Creative Team members to grow and develop the Kraus brand
• Produce high-quality branding, sales, and marketing materials, including: presentation decks, business pitches, catalogues, brochures, buying guides, packaging, retail displays, editorial layouts, digital campaigns, presentation spaces and event collateral
• Generate a variety of production-quality collateral for multiple mediums, including: print, web, mobile, advertising, events, and large format graphics
• Create digital assets to support multiple e-commerce sites, brand website, social media and other digital collateral
• Design landing pages for promotions and special programs
• Collect/provide requirements for website wireframes and mockups
• Create layouts for emails and other communications
• Create designs which serve as helpful tools and improve the buying process, as well as the overall customer experience
• Create and optimize visuals for social channels (Facebook, Pinterest, Houzz, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
• Work on exhibit design solutions for trade shows and showroom displays
• Provide directions to photography and photo retouching teams
• Assist with special projects as needed
Education / Work Experience
• BA in Graphic Design, Visual Communications, Digital Media or related field, or 3+ years of related experience generating ideas and design solutions from brand identity to packaging, editorial, and retail design
Knowledge / Skills
• Excellent typography and graphic design skills
• Knowledge of industry standards for print/prepress processes
• Understanding of web optimization best practices
• Well versed in all social media and existing/emerging platforms
• Must have advanced knowledge of and experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), and general operation of Mac platform equipment.
• Experience designing front-end user interface Web solutions using Adobe Creative Suite (i.e. Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver)
• Knowledge of CSS, HTML, PPT, Keynote, and Microsoft Office
• Experience creating style guides, master pages, master templates
• Experience designing for desktop, tablet, mobile and apps
Additionally Beneficial Skills (Bonus, not required)
• Ability to work with a designer’s eye in PowerPoint and/or Keynote
• Knowledge of CAD, 20/20, 3D Max, Google SketchUp or related 3D design and rendering programs for photorealistic interiors
• Exhibit Design Skills
• Experience with motion graphics and/or video editing
• Experience with website design and a strong awareness of UI/UX
• Experience with Magento
This is an on-site full-time position with Kraus USA (www.kraususa.com
). Kraus is a leading manufacturer of kitchen & bathroom fixtures, with a broad range of beautiful and versatile products with the focus on always on providing outstanding value to all Kraus customers.
Our office is located in Port Washington, NY. A friendly, quick-paced work environment, comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and a great opportunity for career growth and development, are all part of what makes Kraus a great place to work.
Regular hours are Monday through Friday 8:00-4:30. Working beyond regular hours to meet deadlines may be necessary.
Compensation & Benefits:
• Competitive salary based on experience.
• Comprehensive medical
Please submit your CV with Portfolio link to be considered