Location: Santa Monica, CAWe are seeking an exceptional individual to provide leadership and expertise as the SENIOR DESIGNER for Surf Air. You will be responsible for designing and producing creative, comprehensive content, layouts and original high-level designs for internal and external client deliverables that require powerful conceptualization of ideas in preparation for original art in print and digital media.
Contact: Send an Email
Contact: Send an Email
Surf Air is the first ever All-You-Can-Fly membership airline that launched service in June of 2013. We currently provide scheduled daily flights on executive aircraft to and from convenient local airports in the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles metro area, San Diego area, Santa Barbara and Truckee Lake Tahoe, with plans to expand nationwide. Surf Air brings back the ease and allure of flying that has been lost in the endless lines, overburdened systems and heavy fees. Forbes has called us "the future of flying". With us, members save valuable time, eliminate the hassle of travel and fly with outstanding service.
We're continuing to build an outstanding team of professionals looking to revolutionize the flying experience with us. We hand-select each of our team members based on their experience, passion, and the desire to be the absolute best in their field. Surf Air provides immense growth potential as we expand, in a culture that celebrates innovation and the entrepreneurial mind.
- Ability to translate strategic needs into creative concepts
- Produce professional, practical digital and print deliverables, that are aligned with business needs and support the companies overall brand initiatives
- Produce creative, interactive presentations and/or prototypes, using a variety of software and delivery methods
- Manage overall look, tone and feel for Surf Air's physical facilities, including headquarters and remote airport locations, by producing offline content and materials that align with Surf Air culture and brand guidelines
- Ownership of development and maintenance of entire internal & external branding suite, including sales materials, templates, etc.
Knowledge and skills requirements
- High-level concept-to-design skills
- Strong portfolio with a variety of print and digital design work
- Advanced technical understanding of digital media and print design, both in-house and with external agencies/vendors
- Exceptional knowledge of typography and appropriate use of brand colors, images and fonts, allowing for legibility and functionality
- Superior knowledge in construction of files, utilizing master pages and style sheets to complete assignments
- Ability to project manage multiple assignments and wear multiple hats
- Proficient in graphics software tools including: Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, Flash, Dreamweaver, HTML and CSS
- A minimum of 5 years of related design experience
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or related discipline, or equivalent professional experience