Whistle is the world’s first technology company dedicated to helping pets live longer and healthier lives. We believe the relationship with our pets is one of the most important bonds we have in life, and that a better understanding of our pets’ health is critical to strengthening that connection.
Our expertise in pets, technology and data analytics has allowed us to build a company set on developing a system of smart products for owners and vets—a system that grows with every owner that joins in, has the power to enrich each pet-owner relationship, and carries the potential to add years to every pets’ lives.
We love pets and are passionate about building great products. Among our pack we have collective experience across the Fortune 500 in technology and consumer products, including: Amazon, AOL, Apple, Bain, BCG, Genentech, Google, HP, Microsoft, Philips, Sierra, and TI. Backed by leading venture capitalists and executives across tech, pet and retail, Whistle is headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
Join our pack! The role:
We’re looking for a UX-focused Product Designer to join our product team. This is a position for a thoughtful, curious, and experimental thinker—someone who can react quickly to shifting requirements and deadlines, and above all else, is a great communicator.
* Designing thoughtful product user experiences that are functional, usable and beautiful.
* Leading user experience research and proactively gathering customer feedback from usability testing and our customer success team.
* Thinking through a workflow and making major, sometimes daring design decisions to reinvent it.
* Breaking away from the screen to let ideas flow out in sketch form.
* Finding ways to bring emotional intelligence into design to transform how people engage with a product.
Here’s what we’re looking for in a strong candidate:
* A portfolio that demonstrates your strength in designing clean, usable mobile apps, web apps, and websites.
* 3+ years of professional design experience.
* Experience working with Product Managers and Software Engineers.
* Experience with Sketch, Photoshop and Illustrator.
* Experience with Agile development processes.
* Experience leading user research and usability testing.
* Experience either owning or caring for a dog.
* The ability to dive right into a big project and managing it from start to finish.
* Ability to thrive in a shifting and demanding startup environment.
Extra treats for:
* Experience with packaging design.
* Experience with photography and/or videography.
* An interest in building things (with or without your keyboard).
* Experience or familiarity designing for social features within a mobile app.
We don’t just reward in kibble. Here’s what we’re offering:
* Competitive salary, health/dental/vision benefits, 401K and stock options.
* Dog-friendly office and lots of opportunity to use our product of course :)
* Commuter benefits.
* Unlimited vacation so you can relax and recharge when you need it.
* Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks, and lunch catered daily.
* Monthly and quarterly company and team events (our most recent offsite was an overnight in Santa Cruz).
* Want to speak or attend an industry-related conference? Go for it! We’ll cover the costs (yes, this definitely includes WWDC).