Location: San Francisco, CADouble Threat Visual Designer
John Hancock Digital is looking for a visual designer to help build an ambitious mobile consumer financial product. Join us as we redefine what’s possible on mobile!
Are you a double threat?
This is a collaborative work environment well-suited to generalists. We are looking for a designer that is good at two things.
The first thing: UI design. Can you design beautiful pixel perfect app screens? Can you illustrate custom icons and emojis? Can you invent new button styles and speech bubbles? Can you extend our brand across new formats and mediums? Great! This thing is non-negotiable.
The second thing: you tell us.
- Can you draw? Great! It’s likely we will use illustrations in our app and campaign work. We love designers with fine arts skills.
- Can you write? We’re building a conversational product and we need to write a lot of compelling copy.
The opportunity & the team:
This is an exciting time to join John Hancock Digital. We are finishing an MVP and starting to refresh the product. You will work closely with a Product Designer, UX Researcher and a prestigious design agency as we integrate learnings from our current product into the design of a groundbreaking new conversational interface.
When responding to this opening, please include your portfolio and describe your second thing.
- 3+ years of experience working in visual design positions
- Experience with digital products
- Familiarity with UI design tools and processes, including Adobe Illustrator and Sketch
- Formal design education
- A professional, positive attitude and entrepreneurial drive
- Strong bias for action and impact
- Highly competitive salary and bonus
- World class medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Top tier retirement/401K Plan
- Life & Disability Coverage
- Commuter Benefits Programs
- Lifestyle Benefits Programs (including gym subscription and tuition reimbursements)