Location: VancouverFreelance/Contract Digital Designer & Art Directors ~ Short Term
We are a world-class team of professionals focused on making technology work for businesses.
We believe all effective marketing is interactive and help marketers create “networked brands”.
These brands are adapted to a world where advertising is losing its influence and consumers place more
value on their interactions with online networks of friends, peers and advisors.
We transform how customers experience digital media by creating outstanding interfaces, providing
well written and intuitive content, and developing websites that are easy to navigate and exceed
our customer’s expectations. With an attitude that says – ‘it can be done’ we believe in working
hard and playing hard – we excel at everything we do. Come play with us.
You will work on web sites that inspire users and create compelling digital experiences.
You will develop visual feasts for a wide variety of web development projects and work as part of a creative team..
• Collaborate with the clients product development team to ensure designs are consistent with client expectations and overall project goals
• Contribute to the design of mobile and web interfaces using techniques based on design theory and concepts related to creating visual flow and compelling customer experiences
• Design web graphics using Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator and demonstrate an understanding of client side web tools such as Flash, Java Script and HTML
• Combine design theory and take into consideration content, navigational structure and usability issues to create a powerful and integrated experience
• Follow art direction and contributes to design direction
• Understand and be able to create content specification and design guidelines
• Design interfaces hat demonstrate an understanding of a client's needs, business goals and overall communication strategy
• Frequently explain design concepts and manage design feedback with the client team
• Work within project schedules and deadlines
Required Skills and Experience
• 3-5 years experience with digital agency, or related professional experience
• A portfolio of mind blowing design work (including digital work that ideally spans web, social, mobile, etc. )
• Education in New Media or traditional design and/or equivalent experience
• You are adept at relevant design software particularly Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash
• Experience applying theories related to color schemes, use of space, text placement, usability and visual flow
• Understanding of HTML and Flash is a bonus
• Understands and is able to create content specification and design guidelines
• Strong communication and problem solving skills and the ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
• Outgoing personality with ability to remain focused and motivated outside formal structure and supervision
• Demonstrate a commitment to bringing in new sources of creative inspiration to your work and team and will be driven to enhance your creative and technical skills
• An understanding of the marriage between design freedom and business requirements
• Love to learn
• Take ownership of tasks and drive tasks through to completion
• Demonstrate caring for others and honesty
• Positive and constructive
• Able to focus while under pressure
• Sense of humor