Salary: £23,000 - £27,999 (dependent on experience)
Castle Galleries is the UK’s leading group of retail art galleries. Owned by Washington Green Fine Art - one
of Europe’s premier fine art publishing houses - we bring our clients the most innovative and creative fine art
from leading contemporary artists and continually strive to champion the outstanding artistic talent of tomorrow.
With an unrivalled portfolio of artists - including rock legend, Ronnie Wood; revered sculptor, Lorenzo Quinn;
reformed art-forger, John Myatt; and cultural icon, Bob Dylan – Washington Green represents a truly
inspirational portfolio of contemporary fine art.
The senior designer will be responsible for the creation of all visual design, including typography,
corporate identity, visual concept, logo/ icon design and digital assets (excluding multimedia).
You will effectively communicate and coordinate with the marketing team and junior designer to ensure
that all visual design communicates the brand proposition of Washington Green/Castle Galleries
and functions successfully for varying technical and performance specifications.
The Senior Designer must be capable of leading the creative aspects of a project and managing a junior
designer to ensure that the tactical elements of a project are completed quickly and effectively.
You will be a confident, motivated and creative team player with at least five years’ experience of working
in a fast-paced graphic design studio. Excellent organisational skills and enthusiasm are vital for this role,
as is a desire for overseeing quality assurance and directing junior members of the team.
• Fluency in current graphic design practices and software. Adobe Photoshop and In Design are essential
• At least five years of experience working in a design role
• The ability to work independently to manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities
• A design related degree or equivalent qualifications
• The ability to manage the day-to-day running of a design studio, making sure projects progress as required.
Experience of using project management software
• The enthusiasm and willingness to manage a Junior Designer and take responsibility for their productivity
• Understanding of, and experience in, defining and adhering to a corporate identity
• A solid understanding of project deliverables
• An understanding of the limitations of creating strong design solutions within the constraints of the online
• Demonstrable experience of design layout, colour theory and typography in print and digital media
• Strong analytical skills
• The ability to meet tight deadlines in a pressured environment