Sourcebooks is a leading independent book publisher based in Naperville, IL, and we are looking for a GRAPHIC DESIGNER to join our marketing team.
The team includes four marketing professionals and another graphic designer who you will work
with to create exceptional design with big impact.
This is the perfect job for a designer who likes variety in both project type and design style.
The types of projects include marketing materials (catalogs, bookmarks, web ads, print ads, sellsheets),
corporate materials (websites, logos, enewsletters, trade shows), and various book-related projects (apps,
author landing pages, book trailers).
The various design styles include creating designs appropriate for everyone from kids and teens
to business people, librarians, educators, college students, and even romance readers.
Quite simply, we are looking for a highly creative designer who has an established track record
of INNOVATING through design. Our marketing team lives on cutting edge, and the right candidate
is one that pushes for new, fresh, and amazing.
A few skills you should possess:
• 3+ years experience; 6+ years experience will be considered for SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER
• Experience in consumer goods marketing and/or design management is preferred
• Conscientious about creating clean, organized, and error-free work
• Able to work quickly and efficiently
• Embrace time pressure and quick turnarounds
• A desire to work independently and manage your own projects
• Mad skills in CS5 (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
• HTML editing for email newsletters
• Experience in management and/or web design is a plus but not required
• A love of books is preferred
• Salary commensurate with experience
• Health, dental, and vision benefits and 401(k)
Please send applications to email@example.com
Include: 1) resume, 2) a PDF or JPG of your most innovative/creative design (with explanation),
and 3) a link to your online portfolio.