Other Alexander TaylorLondon, England, GB
Alexander Taylor Studio is looking for a full time design assistant, with a creative mind and keen interest in industrial design and fashion, to support in the day to day activities of the studio. The candidate should be organised, positive and energetic, with a good eye for detail and an ambition to learn and develop. The role will include: supporting with general design activities, process and material investigations, creation of presentations for clients, cataloging of the processes and liaising with suppliers and manufactures. The current product focus in the studio is varied, ranging from technical footwear, apparel, bags, lighting and furniture.
Alexander Taylor Studio is a multidisciplinary design studio which was established in 2002. The products the studio creates are informed by ongoing research, development and collaborations with its network of industry’s finest minds, working towards the most appropriate and innovative solutions. Some past and present clients include adidas, Virgin, The Lost Explorer, Hunter and Parley for the Oceans.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- ability to use Adobe InDesign is essential
- good working knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator
- sufficient skills with SolidWorks or Rhino would be beneficial, but is not essential
- keen interest in materials and process
- hands on skills and ability to model make
- ability with a sewing machine would be good, but is not essential
- interest in taking a good photo, for internal and external use
This position would suit a recent industrial design / fashion graduate or a current Design Assistant.
Application deadline: 8 August 2017
How to apply
Start date September/October 2017.