Other Asselle ProductsLondon, England, GB
Asselle Products is looking for a talented product design assistant to join its London practice.
We specialise in the design and manufacture of contemporary residential interior systems, such as kitchens and wardrobes, and have extensive experience in delivering bespoke contracts. We are currently expanding our in-house product development programme and would like to recruit a new member of the team to actively engage in this process. We are an established company with a young, friendly and innovative team.
We are seeking a design assistant to complete a 12 month internship, with the potential for a permanent position at the end of the placement. This is a paid position with an immediate start date.
As design assistant, you will be supporting and assisting the designers and directors with various on-going and future projects.
Day-to-day involvement will include:
- researching and developing new products; from initial concept to manufacture and installation
- preparing marketing and presentation material for new products
- production of 3D renders and sample boards for client presentations
- assisting with the preparation of layout and M&E drawings and with the preparation of technical drawings for manufacture
- contributing to the planning, coordination and documentation of ‘on-site’ activities
We are ideally looking for a proactive, enthusiastic and motivated individual with the following experience and attributes:
- a demonstrable interest in residential interior products
- must be enrolled in sandwich year or have completed an undergraduate degree in a design-related field
- prior experience with Solidworks is essential
- 3D modelling experience and graphic communication skills are highly desirable
- fluency in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- an eye for detail
- high standard of written and presentation skills
- ability to research and evaluate ideas creatively and logically
- good teamwork skills
- ability to prioritise and meet deadlines under pressure
- ability to work proactively, quickly and independently to achieve internal priorities
Please apply by emailing us with cover letter, CV and PDF portfolio of relevant work. Please ensure to include examples of work produced in Solidworks in your portfolio submission.