Other BulbLondon, England, GB
Hi, we’re Bulb. Nice to meet you.
Bulb is the UK's biggest green energy supplier, providing affordable, renewable energy to homes and businesses across the UK. Our mission is to help people lower their energy bills and reduce their carbon impact at the same time.
Founded in 2015, we were named the UK’s fastest growing private company in 2018 and 2019 (and we’re still limbering up). Naturally, we’re an accredited Living Wage Employer; we’ve been picked as one of LinkedIn’s top 25 UK tech startups to work for; and we’re a certified B Corp, too. That means we believe in using business as a force for good.
Animation and illustration are a big part of the way we communicate with our members. They help us tell stories and make complex things simple.
We’re looking for an illustrator to join our team
We’re looking for someone whose illustration style complements and blends with our existing, well-loved illustration style: expressive organic brushstrokes that sum up complex concepts in a simple, friendly, human way. As Bulb expands, your illustrations will help our members in different countries understand their energy, and delight them during their journey with us.
In this role you will:
- Create beautiful, impactful illustrations, from concept to completion
- Work for different formats including print, digital, animation and environmental design
- Work with our designers and content creators to ensure your illustrations match the context and content of our message
- Work within our existing illustration approach to create a seamless brand experience for our members
This is a remote-friendly job. We’re happy for you to work from your home or studio as long as you’re available to video conference in the day or come to our central London office a couple of times a month to work more closely with the team.
- The ability to think conceptually and distill complex subjects in simple, friendly imagery
- A mix of digital and analogue technique with a hand drawn, organic feel
- A great portfolio of commercial illustration work
- Attention to detail, with a questioning eye and a holistic approach to projects
- Experience creating charming, characterful animations
If you’re an artist with a fresh perspective and (ideally) a soft spot for the colour pink, then we’d love to hear from you.
- Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy
- Collaborative, flexible, and friendly environment
- Competitive salary, share options, and bonus
- 33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) and the option to buy up to 5 more
- 12 weeks of full pay for maternity, paternity or adoption leave
- £1000 training budget + 5 days training days per year
- Healthcare, life insurance, and a pension plan with employer contributions
- Cycle to work scheme; activities to improve your mental & physical well being, including office yoga and meditation; monthly team socials
- One month sabbatical leave after your first year
- Tea, coffee, fruit and snacks throughout the day
- Free breakfast on Mondays