Other Great Ormond Street Hospital CharityLondon, England, GB
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Great Ormond Street Hospital Charity design team and help give seriously ill children the best chance to fulfil their potential. Your work will help raise funds to fund groundbreaking research, advanced equipment, child and family support services, and the rebuilding and refurbishment of wards and medical facilities.
This is a creative and challenging role, working on a diverse range of print and digital materials. You will be part of an enthusiastic design team who are passionate about their work. You will report to one of the two Senior Designers in the team.
- a degree-level qualification in graphic design
- proven print design experience, ideally within an in-house design team
- excellent typographic skills and attention to detail
- a portfolio of work demonstrating ability to work creatively within brand guidelines
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- experience of working to varied and challenging deadlines
- experience of preparing print-ready artwork and liaising with print suppliers
Please apply with (1) your CV, (2) a PDF showing three examples of your design work, with brief information about the project and what your contribution was, and (3) a covering letter answering the following questions (please give examples where appropriate):
- Why do you want to work at Great Ormond Street Hospital Charity?
- What strategies do you use to organise your workload and manage your time effectively to meet deadlines?
- What are your strengths when working as part of a design team?
- What are your salary expectations and notice period?
If invited for interview you will be asked to bring along your portfolio.
Applications that do not follow this guidance will not be progressed.
*Please email: recruitment(at)gosh.org and quote reference VCC087 in the subject line.
Postal applications are also accepted.
Closing date for applications: 9am on Monday 5th June 2017*
*Note - we may begin interviewing candidates for these positions before the closing date, so encourage you to apply as early as possible.
Please see our website www.gosh.org for a full job description and person specification, our benefits, and further information about the charity.
Due to limited resources and the large number of applications we receive, we are only able to inform shortlisted candidates of the outcome of their application. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If your application is not successful we hope that you will not be discouraged and will still apply for other suitable vacancies.