Other MiniclipGenoa, Liguria, IT
[ Junior 2D Artist ]
Miniclip is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Artist, specialising in 2D, to hire in our Genoa (Italy) Games Development Studio.
This is a full-time, permanent position, please apply only if you have the right to work in Europe and Italy.
Completion of a technical challenge will be required during the recruitment process.
Your work will include:
- Working closely with the Lead Artist and Product Managers
- Assisting in a range of artistic tasks including animation, GUI creation, quick mockups, and 2D illustrations for in-game and marketing purposes
Skills & experience
We’re looking for a social, hard-working person who enjoys team working and is passionate and dedicated to their work. The ideal candidate will have:
- Problem solving attitude
- Comprehensive portfolio proving artistic/technical skills
- Keen attention to detail whilst maintaining the ability to meet deadlinesDeep knowledge of the Computer Graphic tools like Photoshop and Illustrator
- Strong skills in creating 2D graphics for UI elements, such as icons, frames and buttons
The following skills are desirable but not essential:
- Passion for mobile gaming
- An eye for high quality artwork
- Previous work experience in game development
Please send your CV in English, with a covering letter explaining why you want to be part of our team and a link to a portfolio should be included in your application. The following portfolio examples are favorable:
- Examples of UI for various platforms
- Logo design
You will be working in our Games Development Studio in Genoa. Founded in 2004, the studio has developed over 400 games to date, and is filled with enthusiasts and professionals who are considered leaders in the games industry. We pride ourselves on maintaining a friendly and relaxed atmosphere and understand that being tied to a desk all day is not fun. We encourage employees to challenge colleagues at console games and Miniclip games, or to shoot some pool.
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games. The company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of 200 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge organic global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution and an internationally recognised brand name.
Miniclip was nominated as App Annie’s Top 52 Global Publishers list in 2015 and 2016. Leading franchises include 8 Ball Pool™, Agar.io™ and Soccer Stars™ which have all been downloaded over 100M times each respectively.
All three new games released by Miniclip in 2017, namely Football Strike, Flip Master and War Wings went to #1 Free Games / App in over 40 countries.