Other MontblancNew York City, New York, US
[ Director of E-Commerce ]
Guided by the pioneering spirit since 1906, Montblanc revolutionized the culture of writing with breakthrough innovations.
Today, the Maison continues to push boundaries and evolve the expression of fine craftsmanship across each of its product categories: the pinnacle of luxury writing instruments, timepieces, leather goods, accessories, fragrances and eyewear.
With every innovation, Montblanc offers new functionalities and groundbreaking designs imbued with the Maison’s heritage of sophistication and crafted to the highest standards through the skills of its artisans in each of its manufactures whether Hamburg, Germany for its writing instruments, the Swiss Jura in Le Locle and Villeret for its timepieces or Florence, Italy for its leather goods. Reflecting its ongoing mission to create fine lifetime companions born from the most pioneering ideas, the iconic Montblanc Emblem has become the ultimate seal of performance, innovation, quality and expression of style.
With its origins deeply rooted in the culture of handwriting, Montblanc continues to assert its cultural commitment around the world with the creation of wide-ranging initiatives to promote arts and culture in many forms, while honouring the modern day patrons who support the advancement of the arts.
Overview: Responsible for leading and directing all aspects of the digital sales channel, including E-Retailers.
- Meet sales target and related commercial KPI.
- Develop an annual business plan to support sales targets and P&L strategy.
- Build new strategies together with Marketing, CRM, Social Media and PR to ensure traffic & customer growth on Montblanc.com.
- Manage the integration of all aspects of local e-commerce operations, including logistics, customer service, stock and supply chain, IT, and local outsourced partners.
- Define with HQ required online product assortment and manage merchandising mix.
- In collaboration with Logistics/Supply Chain management, manage stock situation and ensure replenishment rhythms. Ensure proper allocation from HQ, in particular for novelties.
- Develop with local Marketing pre-launch, launch and post-launch communication and advertising plan. Collaborate with local media agencies on all performance media, notably SEA.
- Continuously build upon the strong marketing plan for the e-commerce platform ranging from
- site activities and evolution
- traffic building
- sales mix
- Improves business processes by collaborating with clients, colleagues, and other internal functional teams.
- Maintain permanent dialogue with Montblanc Headquarters and RNA Digital Team for maintenance, change requests, testing, and enhancements of site and support programs.
- Manage relationship with the Client Relations Center; activities include Training, KPI’s tracking, and staff competencies, improve sales performance.
- Manage relationship with Distribution Center in areas of fulfillment to ensure order processing and resolve issues.
- Realize synergies with Retail Boutiques by defining and implementing processes to improve the customer experience.
- Lead and implement Omni channel activities.
- Build and maintain e-retailer strategy to improve the brand’s footprint.
- Responsible for growing online business with selected pure players, eg. Mr Porter; Amazon
- Track digital activities and KPIs through monthly reporting.
- Requires a bachelor's degree with at least 5-8 years of experience in E-commerce environment;
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial mind-set; focus on sales results
- Profound and all-rounded Digital Sales & Marketing knowledge. Exceptional knowledge of Performance Marketing, in particular SEA, programmatic, email, affiliates, paid social
- Expert IT literacy. Skilled in Google Analytics, AdWords, MS Office, Social Media tools. Knowledge of SAP a big plus.
- Prior experience with branded website E-Business, preferably in consumer goods / retail / fashion / beauty / luxury sector
- Knowledgeable of e-commerce trends, competitive landscape and digital customer experience
- Connected in national agency / vendor landscape, experienced in working with media agencies
- Ability to develop and manage sales accounts in third party e-commerce partnerships
- Able to manage large, global resources and implement locally
- Excellent communication and exceptional interpersonal and persuasion skills