Other OMARotterdam, South Holland, NL
OMA’ s Rotterdam office has openings for Interns seeking to gain an overview and a working knowledge of the infrastructure and day-to-day running of the archive and collection of a leading creative office, the collection holds around 80% of the work of OMA and Rem Koolhaas from 1975 onwards. The archive collection consists of a 1500 m2 space with a wide variety of materials like paintings, collages, samples, study and presentation models. A wide range of paperwork is also part of the collection and frequently used for research.
To meet the requirements of the changing production and to keep the material accessible for research and future projects the Archive Collection department has an opening for an archive intern with a special interest in architecture. This is a wonderful opportunity for the right candidate to be intimately involved in all facets of the archive of an architectural practice as well as the exhibition administration and logistical end of the architectural world.
The main task is archiving, extra tasks are work on exhibitions, research, communication with international art institutions and work on publications. You must be capable to work accurately in a creative, ad hoc environment, and have a hands-on approach. The internship will be guided by an experienced in-house archivist.
- Currently enrolled as student of art history or architecture history, collection management, museum studies or other relevant studies
- High proficiency in MS Office software
- Fluency in English is a must
- Any other language is a plus, such as Dutch.
- Experience with digital archiving and/or handling physical models
- Have hands-on approach
- Able to work accurately and creatively
- Be open to ad-hoc assignments
- Valid driving license a plus
- Feel confident in a complex, dynamic environment
- EU work permit is preferred
The OMA archive / collection will be available for research after working hours. Please kindly be aware that enrollment statement will be required during hiring process.
Successful candidates will receive a monthly stipend. The selected candidate is expected to start working as of January 7, 2019.
The deadline of application is December 17, 2018.
Please use our online application form to upload your cover letter, resume and portfolio as single PDF file.