Other The Royal MarsdenChelsea, London, England, GB
Working for The Royal Marsden
Join our world-class team and you will be part of a centre of excellence with an international reputation and a commitment to developing your career
Graphic Design Manager
Permanent post, Full Time 37.5 hours per week, based in Chelsea
Salary: £ 31,878 – £42,046 per annum inclusive
Closing date: 21/06/2018
At The Royal Marsden, we deal with cancer every day – so we understand how valuable life is. That’s why the pursuit of excellence lies at the heart of everything we do. No matter what we achieve we’re always striving to do more. We will never stop looking for way to improve the lives of people affected by cancer. This attitude defines us all and is an inseparable part of the way we work. It’s the Royal Marsden way. Life demands excellence.
We are looking for a brilliant graphic design manager to join our marketing and comms team. You will be someone with substantial experience of working in a design role within a creative studio or an in-house team. You will be familiar with creating high quality printed and digital communications that inspire, motivate and meet the needs of the audience. This position line manages a part-time junior graphic designer.
- The focus of this role is to create and develop engaging marketing communications across various business areas, from concept to delivery. You will be organised and manage your own workflow effectively delivering to required deadlines.
- Play an integral part in the design process from conceptualising ideas with simplicity to final development
- Collaborate with the marketing, PR and digital team to create engaging designs
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to share new design perspectives and ideas, being able to voice your opinion and work within the team to create the end result
- Run design clinics and share insights and on best practice
What we are looking for:
- Smart and passionate about how design can be used to drive positive outcomes
- Strong proven graphic design skills with thorough knowledge of offline and digital channels
- Ability to solve an array of challenges through visual design
- Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines and juggle multiple projects
- A user centric approach to design with a meticulous eye for detail
- Ability to comprehend and uphold brand style guidelines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Skills and qualifications:
- InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator must be strong – particularly with InDesign
- Excellent typography skills
- 3-5 years professional experience
- Strong creative portfolio supporting a user centric approach
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design preferred
- Experience of creating web graphics and digital assets is necessary
If you want to be part of a lifesaving organisation and help make a real difference please send us your please send your CV, portfolio and a cover letter explaining why you would like to join our team by email.
Further details / informal visits contact
Colleen Hubbard, Head of Marketing on Colleen.Hubbard(at)rmh.nhs.uk