Other Uber EatsToronto, Ontario, CA
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About The Role
Uber Eats is looking for seasoned UX researchers for a new team that will transform how people get their groceries. In this role, you’ll shape the vision and roadmap for a brand new product offering, with user needs and behavior at its base.
You will be part of a team that operates as a startup within Uber. We’re looking for researchers who can manage and partner with a dynamic cross-functional team to help design and develop our emerging grocery product.
The UX Research team’s mission is to inform and influence product decisions with exceptional insights about people, technology and services in our current and future world. At Uber, we spend our days bridging the gap between physical and digital experiences, and adding value to people’s everyday lives by creating transportation options and economic opportunities. If you’re a researcher unafraid to push the limits and looking to work with sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment, we’d love to talk with you
What You’ll Do
- Design and conduct qualitative studies, including field observations and interviews, remote and in-person usability studies for existing and future products spanning hardware, software, and electrical interfaces
- Design and conduct quantitative studies, such as structuring and analyzing surveys to evaluate impact of product changes and gather insights at scale
- Identify and explore new opportunities through creative research methods and co-design sessions to help define product roadmaps, vision, and strategy
- Collaborate closely with other researchers, industrial designers, product managers, data scientists, marketing and operations managers, and engineers to ensure research you deliver is integrated into every aspect of the product and provides a holistic view of our users
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to inform business decisions through rich storytelling via presentations, reports, workshops and any other novel, creative approaches that you invent
- Adapt and innovate research methods to meet product needs by delivering high quality insights in a fast paced work environment, and by contextualizing for specific use cases across products such as bikes, scooters, and other new vehicle types
- Build empathy across the organization to improve the products we build for our riders, driver-partners, couriers, and employees in cities all around the world and always champion for our users
What You'll Need
- BA/BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Statistics, Psychology, Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 2 years of experience in a product development research setting
- Ability to travel globally
- MS or PhD degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Statistics, Computer Science or a related field
- 5 years of relevant experience in a product development research setting
- Track record of demonstrating excellent command of research questions within a given domain and of technical tools for the analysis of data within that domain
- Previous experience driving research programs that have had a lasting impact on product and design decisions
Bonus Points if:
- Previous experience conducting research in APAC, EMEA, LATAM, SEA, and working on products with global impact
- Ability to fluently communicate in languages other than English
- Previous experience identifying, onboarding, and managing external research, translation, transcription, and tools vendors