Other UberSan Francisco, California, US
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
The Brand Team is responsible for developing exceptional, creative solutions and telling inspiring stories on a global scale. We're looking for a gifted creative thinker who thrives in a fast-paced, iterative environment and has the ability to translate complex concepts into simple and delightful illustrations.
What you'll do
- Produce beautiful illustrations that simplify complex concepts and express Uber's product and brand stories to millions of people worldwide.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to resolve problems and execute against creative briefs for major campaigns, digital and print marketing communications, environmental experiences and more.
- Continue to push and evolve our illustration style to keep things fresh and interesting.
- Provide resources, guidelines and templates that empower colleagues, inspire and elevate their work.
What you'll need
- Experience; A portfolio that exhibits passion for your craft and thorough conceptual ability. Showcasing at least 3 years of relevant experience illustrating a wide range of projects, including brand systems (defining and writing brand guidelines) and branded executions (web, print, product, packaging). Comfortable creating work in both Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Problem-solving abilities; you're a user-centered strategic thinker and creative problem solver.
- Storytelling skills; experience with visual storytelling including editorial illustrations, data visualization, and/or animation.
- Passion about quality; you have pixel-perfect attention to detail, explore and push to find the best solution, and are passionate about the pursuit of exciting and new creative work.
- Enthusiasm about new opportunities; you push the boundaries and are excited by a non-traditional approach to branding.
- Ownership; you're able to own a sizeable part of a project without much oversight, and you're comfortable with ambiguity and changes in direction.
- Collaboration skills; you'll work with all parts of the organization to empower and encourage the proper use of the brand; you're receptive to feedback and direction.
- Effective communication style; you can clearly articulate your design decisions and you're comfortable presenting work to cross-functional teams and executives.
- Organization skills; you can effectively manage your time and prioritize your work.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.