Other Walla Walla Community CollegeWalla Walla, Washington, US
Walla Walla Community College (WWCC) is seeking a creative and talented person focused on student success who has a strong knowledge background to fulfill the full-time tenure-track role of Digital Design Instructor in the Corrections Education program located at the Washington State Penitentiary in Walla Walla, Washington.
At Walla Walla Community College we inspire all students to discover their potential and achieve their goals by providing relevant, equitable, and innovative learning opportunities and services. We have identified three core themes that describe the fundamental aspects of the College's mission by translating it into practice. The core themes are: Student Success, Strong Communities, and Resource Stewardship. As an organization, we value learning opportunities, a sense of community, diversity, health and humor, excellence, integrity, teamwork, innovation, personal and professional growth, and sustainability.
WWCC Faculty members are professional educators with the primary responsibility of providing a quality education for all WWCC students. The relationship of the faculty member to the student is one of teacher, mentor, and facilitator of learning. This position will be responsible for developing and teaching assigned courses in Digital Design in the Corrections Education program located at the Washington State Penitentiary.
- Incorporate current technology into the area of Digital Design curriculum.
- Participate in curriculum revision, program management, and research related activities.
- Maintain competency assessment records and student progress accountability measures on all students enrolled in the assigned course sections.
- Monitor and evaluate student performance.
- Ensure that classroom/lab and equipment are in excellent condition and maintained.
- Participate in regular advisory meetings.
- Ability to interact with those in custody and/or the public according to expected guidelines; treat people with dignity and respect.
- Ability to effectively combine an array of methods to enhance understanding, including demonstrations, lectures, group discussions and activities, individual activities, etc.Understand which teaching methods best serve the student's needs, interests, and ability to learn.
- Ability to recognize the value of cultural, ethnic, gender and other individual differences in people.
- Ability to build constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation and mutual respect.
- Three years of recent related work experience requiring an in-depth knowledge of Digital Design required.
- Background in a variety of Digital Design programs in the instructional or Industry setting.
- Experience and understanding of basic layout and design knowledge, application techniques, and operation of industry-standard software required.