Other WB GamesChicago, Illinois, US
[Senior Artist, Characters]
Summary of position
NetherRealm Studios, a division of WB Games Inc., seeks a Senior Character Artist who will be responsible for creating character materials of the highest quality. This person will work closely with the Lead Character Artist along with the Art Director to create and maintain the highest quality assets for the game, and ensure that the aesthetic goals are met.
- Generate high resolution models, low resolution models, textures and Physically Based materials for Unreal Engine
- Ensures that the high-quality bar established by the Art Director and Lead Artist is maintained by themselves and their team.
- Continues research and development into best practices and industry innovation.
- Mentors more junior members of the character team and shares acquired knowledge with the group.
- Participates in departmental meetings to share personal ideas and define the look and feel of characters.
- Report daily to the Lead Artist with progress status.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Expert understanding of game asset development processes, limitations and dependencies.
- Excellent communication, time-management and organizational skills.
- Actively accepts and provide feedback from other artists.
- Task driven, self-motivated, and proactive.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal abilities.
- Able to manage multiple competing priorities and deadlines.
- Art-related degree and/or comparable professional experience.
- Exceptional visual and technical understanding in sculpting, 3D modeling & surfacing (both high- & low-resolution game assets).
- Exceptional Human and animal anatomy knowledge.
- Proficient in Maya or 3D Max.
- Working Knowledge of Maya.
- Proficient with Photoshop.
- Proficient with Substance Painter.
- Proficient in Marvelous Designer.
- Experience working with scan data.
- Proficient with Substance designer.
- Experience with facial blend shape creation.
- Demonstration of Zbrush proficiency.
- Examples of High resolution modelling, both organic and hard surface.
- Examples of game resolution assets.
- Demonstrate understanding of Physically Based texturing and normal map use.