UX Designer Amazon Web ServicesDublin, Leinster, IE
At Amazon Web Services, we run one of the largest networks in the world. We are taking all the industry trends and blending them into the critical foundation of utility computing: the network. Our goal is to become the infrastructure platform for the world and our team will make the bones of the platform, “the network”, work flawlessly. Not only supporting Amazon.com at the global level, but amazing global companies. (http://aws.amazon.com/solutions/case-studies/all/)
The AWS Networking organisation is seeking a talented and passionate user experience designer to join our growing software development team. This UX Designer will have a significant impact on our business, as they lead the design direction for many of our network management tools. The designer will work collaboratively with engineers, product owners, executives, and other designers, leading design throughout the strategy, design, and development life-cycle, focusing on every aspect of the user experience of our tools.
- 3 or more years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar UX-related role for the web.
- An available portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant experience.
- Fluency in best practices for information architecture and interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles and techniques.
- Experience creating prototypes and highly detailed wireframes for complex web applications.
- Familiarity with user interface patterns for web.
- Experience working in a collaborative team and directly with developers for implementation of designs.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to be self-directed when needed.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions.
- A bachelor's degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or related UX degree is ideal.
- Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) is a big plus.
- Experience working with software developers in an Agile/Scrum environment is a plus.
- Experience in networking software product/solution development environments is a plus.