UX Designer ArduinoTurin, Piedmont, IT
Arduino is looking for a passionate, experienced UX Designer to join our in-house design team in the Turin headquarter.
Your primary role is to develop user experiences for our customers, conduct research on our products-services, advance their information architecture and interaction design to inform our offering across multiple areas, including IoT/Cloud, online code editors, EDtech, eCommerce, and more.
You will work side by side with a highly collaborative team of talented designers, developers and engineers as well as directly with our users to research, ideate, wireframe, mock-up and design user experiences.
You are able to understand, articulate and communicate business requirements, functional and emotional needs of our customers, and how they come together.
What is Arduino
Arduino is an open-source electronics platform based on easy-to-use hardware and software.
Thanks to its simple and accessible user experience, Arduino has been used in thousands of different projects and applications, from everyday objects to complex scientific instruments.
Our worldwide community of makers - professionals, students, creatives, programmers - is 26.000.000 users strong and keeps growing, our development environment is downloaded every 2.6 seconds.
What we're looking for
- 3+ years of experience at a leading digital agency or as a seasoned freelancer
- Bachelor’s and/or graduate degree in User Experience Design, HCI, Interaction Design, Digital Design, or other relevant degree
- Comprehensive understanding of the user-centered approach to design
- Exceptional concept, user-testing, wireframing, writing, and UX execution skills
- Experience in primary research: listening to users, identifying their needs, and responding to how they interact
- Experience with Arduino
- Must be fluent in English
- Great eye for design with a good pulse on current trends and best practices.
- Must be fluent with current design tools (Sketch, Adobe CS, InVision, Overflow, etc.)
- Experience with HTML/CSS and knowledge of web and mobile based technologies and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions
- Familiar with open-source and the maker communities
- Self-starter with an eagerness and passion to learn new skill sets and improve upon existing ones
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a cross-functional team
- Flexibility and ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
Submit resume, cover letter, and a link to your portfolio with relevant work samples.
Please indicate your role and contribution for each project submitted