UX Designer BabbelBerlin, DE
With Babbel, anyone can learn a language.
Whether on the go, in the subway or at home on the sofa, Babbel supports those who enjoy learning outside of work or school. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app-based language learning. In total, Babbel offers 14 learning languages, from English to Indonesian. Professional courses are readily available via the Babbel website as well as on your smartphone or tablet. At Babbel, more than 600 team members from over 50 different countries work hard to set standards for creating a new learning experience.
We are looking for a talented Senior Product Designer UX to join our Product Design Team in Berlin!
As a Product Designer at Babbel you will drive our interaction design vision. While working with didactics experts and Product Designers you will bring learning concepts to life through personas, scenarios, wireframes, storyboards and prototypes, iterating toward confidence-building language learning experiences.
You will be:
- Defining user models and user interfaces for new and existing Babbel products and features.
- Creating high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Mentoring and coaching colleagues, as well as reviewing their work and providing constructive feedback on it.
- Leading design projects and managing multiple work streams in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Proactively driving cooperation within the Product Design chapter & fostering collaboration with other departments.
- Continuously improving design processes, knowledge sharing and tools to measurably enhance productivity and product quality.
- Ensuring that implementation quality meets design requirements.
- A talented designer who has shipped excellent consumer-focused products.
- A great communicator who can express his/her thoughts well in English.
- Able to tackle complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for millions of people around the world.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a Design/UX-related field or equivalent practical experience.
- More than 5 years of interaction design experience in a consumer-focused, high-performance organization.
- Experience in leading design projects, art direction, conducting design reviews and mentoring/coaching junior team members.
- An outstanding portfolio demonstrating user-centered design approach, problem-solving skills and superior attention to detail.
- Expertise using industry-leading design and prototyping software.
- Extensive experience in designing and shipping for Android, iOS and web.
- Good prioritisation and time-management skills and experience working in scrum set-up.
Nice to have:
- Experience producing visual and/or interaction guidelines.
- Work with a high-performing team at Babbel.
- A steep learning-curve – personally and professionally.
- A challenging environment and a lot of responsibility to prove your skills.
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours.
- A vibrant international company with people from over 50 different nationalities
- Great company benefits (high-end company bike, fresh fruit & drinks).
- Flexible working hours, a company bike, family room, free fruit and soft drinks
- A startup mentality with ownership and trust from day one
- Personal and professional development with Babbel Academy in-house training
- Learn and collaborate with hackdays and lunchtime talks (with pizza!)
- Work that matters: empowering people with language
- Regular social events with friendly and diverse Babbelonians
- Office in the heart of buzzing Berlin