UX Designer BendingspoonsMilan, Lombardy, IT
Commitment & Contract
Milan, Corso Como 15. It’s fine if you prefer to work remotely sometimes. We offer substantial support for relocation, including finding an apartment in Milan and paying the rent for twelve weeks.
Compensation & Benefits
Generous, top of market, and moreover can grow rapidly and include stock options, depending on your performance. Breakfast, lunch, and snacks are paid-for, when you work from the office. You’ll receive the latest Mac, iPhone, and wireless noise-cancelling Bose headset.
With millions of users, our apps need to be absolutely flawless. No matter how useful and robust the features our developers implement, there’s no great app without a catchy, sleek icon, and an intuitive, beautiful, and polished UI. With an ever-growing user base, we keep raising the bar for our Product Design team, which we’re looking to expand with a wonderfully creative, skilled, yet humble designer.
A few examples of your responsibilities:
- Collaborate with our engineering teams and help define features and UX for our apps.
- Design gorgeous UIs for our apps from start to finish. We want to wow our users.
- Test innovative and intuitive interactions and animations by leveraging cutting-edge prototyping tools.
- Create memorable icons and marketing materials for the App Store and Play Store to make our apps stand out amongst the competition.
- Help effectively advertise our products online by developing catchy artwork.
- Occasionally design new branding materials to make us recognizable in any circumstance, both online and offline.
What We Offer
- 360-degree design experience. With 20+ apps in our portfolio and an international audience, you’ll be able to try all sorts of styles. From icon to UI, you’ll be in charge of the whole thing.
- Design for people, not clients. We have no clients imposing constraints or dictating guidelines. With only our users to cater to, you’re free to unleash your creativity for someone that will truly care about the result.
- Talented, experienced colleagues. You’ll be working with designers that created award-winning digital products and worked for Gucci, KLM, and Philips, and you’ll be coached regularly. We’d love to pass along all the secrets we’ve learnt along the way.
- Your work in the hands of millions of people. There's nothing more exciting and motivating than knowing that your creations are seen and enjoyed by millions of users on a daily basis.
- Top of the market tools. You’ll be given the best hardware on the market (or the hardware you're the most comfortable with!), and all the software you need. We can’t wait to introduce you to our high-tech approach to design and to our cutting-edge workflows.
- Unique work environment. We think we’re one of the most exciting fast-growing companies in Europe, and you’ll be able to experience firsthand what it’s like to be one of us.
What We Look For
- Passion. You love designing, and have a strong interest in mobile UX and UI design.
- Creativity. You’re inventive and find inspiration everywhere.
- Versatility. While you may have your favorite style, you don’t mind learning new ones, and you generally become quite proficient in them soon enough.
- Relevant experience. You’ve got at least one mobile or web UI design project under your belt. You know your way around either Sketch (preferred) or Photoshop. Experience with Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, or similar software that helps tackle projects not strictly within UI design will be evaluated positively.
- A portfolio to show off. You have a nice, quality portfolio of original work, with at least one example of either mobile or web UI. As long as your work is well-polished and tidily organized, it doesn’t matter in which field you gained most of your experience.
- Pragmatism. You know how to design with your audience in mind, delivering practical solutions within UX and engineering constraints. You know how to prioritize to deliver at a high pace, without noticeably lowering quality.
- Humility. You’re eager to help and not at all picky on what tasks you’re asked to take on. You’re open to feedback and truly value others’ opinions.
- Drive. You’re diligent, energetic, and tirelessly persevere through adversity until the job is done, and done perfectly.
- Efficiency. You use your time wisely and can get stuff done at a good pace.
- Organization. You keep your projects tidy, so collaborating on them will be painless.
- Conversational English. You read and write well and can hold a relatively fluent conversation in English, even if the topic is somewhat complex or technical.