UX Designer Bright Little LabsLondon, England, GB
We’re looking for a pixel perfect UI designer to work on a new, top secret spy project for the next 6 months
Bright Little Labs is building a kids’ media giant for the 21st Century. We make all sorts of kids’ stuff which promotes critical thinking, computer science, equality – and diverse identities and experiences. Our flagship story is about Detective Dot – an 11-year-old coder who is on a dangerous mission from the CIA (Children’s Intelligence Agency). Kids can join the CIA and carry out personalised activities on and offline. We’re on our way to publishing more books, mobile games and expanding our digital platform. We also partnered with Turner (who own Cartoon Network!) so we’re making cartoons and games too.
THIS IS IMPORTANT: Our character is a third-generation British Indian girl. We want to work with people who believe in authentic character creation and we’re actively looking to work with people with lived experience of our characters and her family.
You are a freelance UI designer who has a pixel perfect eye for layout, passionate about all things digital and excited to work on a new, top secret spy project for the next 6 months.
The project will involve creating all the UI for a new digital experience, working to wireframes and with our brand guidelines to create designs that makes kids (and us) wee themselves with excitement. You will then need to prepare all assets for the dev team. You’re full of ideas but know how to adopt an art style where necessary. You’re proficient with the adobe suite (and sketch or figma if you prefer), and it’s a bonus if you like things like After Effects and designing 2D graphical illustrations.
We need help with these sorts of tasks ️
- Taking complex wireframes and translating them into simple, intuitive and kid friendly designs.
- Creating UI design which simplifies complicated game mechanics like achievement levels etc.
- Designing cross platform, responsive designs.
- Designing UI that is so exciting children might wee themselves, and then prepare the assets for our lovely front-end developer to implement.
- Work closely with us to ensure consistency and high-quality across all our products.
- Create lo-fi wireframes that show off your UI designs in a way that makes us wee ourselves.
- Create cool 2D graphical elements to be used in small, fun mini-games and make our digital experiences more spy
- An awesome role helping to shape how kids experience our brand.
- A chance to make a difference by teaching kids about diversity, science, technology, engineering and maths.
- Exposure – we’re a high-ish profile project and we work with exciting people.
- Starting immediately in our office in Old Street. With a large bear .
Please submit your portfolio with examples of your UI design work and what your role was on the project. Please include an actual cover letter (not just a written CV) letting us know why you’d like to work with us.